Suns sign Chandler Hutchison on a two-way contract

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is this an upgrade from Tyshon??
I think id rather have taken a chance on the unproven youngster.
I hope he proves me wrong. Like I said before somebody (Monte/JJ) liked him so ill give him a chance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this an upgrade from Tyshon??
I think id rather have taken a chance on the unproven youngster.
I hope he proves me wrong. Like I said before somebody (Monte/JJ) liked him so ill give him a chance.

Ty-Shon didn't show the improvement I had hoped to see in summer league. I couldn't help but think that Hutchison is insurance if the Suns trade a forward later on. Chandler is serviceable if the Suns needed to give him playing time if there was an injury.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ty-Shon didn't show the improvement I had hoped to see in summer league. I couldn't help but think that Hutchison is insurance if the Suns trade a forward later on. Chandler is serviceable if the Suns needed to give him playing time if there was an injury.
Yeah Tyshon clearly wasn't ready and would have been buried on the bench again. Hutch too unless injuries etc.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He showed the potential to be a decent role player and then always got hurt once he was in a normal rotation. Not sure what he is since we never really got to see in Chicago. Hope Phoenix can get him healthy and he turns that injury corner. He's a good kid and would love to see him succeed.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He showed the potential to be a decent role player and then always got hurt once he was in a normal rotation. Not sure what he is since we never really got to see in Chicago. Hope Phoenix can get him healthy and he turns that injury corner. He's a good kid and would love to see him succeed.

I think that with some development, he could be a poor man's Mikal Bridges...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This feels like a "what if" signing. The Suns see potential and are hoping to get lucky he can contribute. It's a two-way contract just in case it doesn't work out that way.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This feels like a "what if" signing. The Suns see potential and are hoping to get lucky he can contribute. It's a two-way contract just in case it doesn't work out that way.

Just as long as he doesn't end up being the Raja Bell to Mikal Bridges' Joe Johnson...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns waive Chandler Hutchison. Can Ish Wainright be far behind?

Maybe the Suns can find some two-way players that can contribute more.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns waive Chandler Hutchison. Can Ish Wainright be far behind?

Maybe the Suns can find some two-way players that can contribute more.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He can’t be that far behind Hutch. Aside from him making that wide open corner 3 in the last game I haven’t seen much of anything.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can’t be that far behind Hutch. Aside from him making that wide open corner 3 in the last game I haven’t seen much of anything.

It's what I was thinking but Ish seems to be a player you want around for chemistry. Of course the Suns have a bunch of those.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is not a shocker. I called this out as a signing to see if they can get lucky but the Suns need to start solidifying the roster for the 2nd half of the season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave