Suns sign Center Damian Jones

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Jones potentially fills an emergency need. If he's the last big man standing, who would you rather force into that role, Cam Johnson? Galloway is fool's gold, whose occasional "hot" game masks the fact that he's the antithesis of what the Suns are trying to accomplish offensively.
I think there is a bit of truth in what you say about Galloway, but Jones was by far the worst player on the Suns roster. Think of it this way--if the Suns do pick up a big man, he will almost certainly be better than Damien Jones was.

Galloway is one of those guys you hold in reserve that can kill teams. And besides, he's always going to be defended as a shooting threat, so whether he actually makes a ton of shots is irrelevant.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damian Jones was only making $785,285 with the Suns so waiving him didn't free much money but it creates a roster spot.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
thinking the same, id love that, great guy to push ayton. But he wanted out of houston because backing up Wood. Im not sure he wants to be a backup

He needs to swallow his ego and realize the injuries have taken their toll and he's no longer a starting caliber big man. I'd actually prefer the Suns pass on trying to get him. Poor defense and his FG% this season has been scary bad for a big.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I love Galloway. I can't comprehend why Jones is in the league. He's a train wreck.

That post about Galloway was written awhile back. Galloway has proved his worth.

Rumor is the Lakers are about to release Damian Jones.