Suns sell the NAZ Suns

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nice thought, but considering the state of the world and the economy, this can’t be a surprise.

Yeah, I'm not counting on it but it's not just the layoffs that make me feel it's a possibility. The recent renovations and restructuring of the business side remind me of what the team was doing leading up to the last sale. Also it's hard to say how hard the ownership group has been hit recently but they were near the bottom of the league in terms of wealth to begin with. Also with the T-Wolves going up for sale they will have an opportunity to gauge the market without announcing anything.

Probably wishful thinking, but clinging to hope of a team sale is really the only way I see things getting better. I really don't want to read a bunch more articles about how Sarver has learned from his past mistakes in 2-3 years when the entire front office is overhauled and a brand new inexperienced GM is brought in.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want to believe all these recent moves are a prelude to selling the team.

I'm wondering if Jerry Colangelo could still put together a deal and this time find the right owner.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not counting on it but it's not just the layoffs that make me feel it's a possibility. The recent renovations and restructuring of the business side remind me of what the team was doing leading up to the last sale. Also it's hard to say how hard the ownership group has been hit recently but they were near the bottom of the league in terms of wealth to begin with. Also with the T-Wolves going up for sale they will have an opportunity to gauge the market without announcing anything.

Probably wishful thinking, but clinging to hope of a team sale is really the only way I see things getting better. I really don't want to read a bunch more articles about how Sarver has learned from his past mistakes in 2-3 years when the entire front office is overhauled and a brand new inexperienced GM is brought in.
Also possible the renovations and the practice facility are over budget and this is how they compensate. We just don’t know.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also possible the renovations and the practice facility are over budget and this is how they compensate. We just don’t know.

I just hope it is not merely another extension of James Jones's "we don't need scouts" approach...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm wondering if Jerry Colangelo could still put together a deal and this time find the right owner.
At the age of 79 (I can say that because I am 79), and with the indiscretions
of his son and daught-in-law giving him no one to leave that legacy to, I don't
see Jerry getting too involved.

At best, he might be able to help suggest a decision, on behalf of Suns fans.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the age of 79 (I can say that because I am 79), and with the indiscretions
of his son and daught-in-law giving him no one to leave that legacy to, I don't
see Jerry getting involved.

At best, he might be able to help broker a deal, on behalf of Phoenix Suns fans.

If Jerry Colangelo were to get involved I think his involvement would be to broker a deal like you said in your last sentence. It doesn't seem likely though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Northern Arizona Suns will not participate in 2020-21 G League competition which will be played in a bubble at Disney World.

So they have played their last game as a Suns affiliate.

By Kevin Zimmerman Arizona Sports:

“The Northern Arizona Suns today announced that, per an option provided by the league, the team will not participate in 2020-21 G League competition,” the Northern Arizona Suns said in a statement, “but select Suns two-way players and assigned players will be designated to participating teams for their development.

“The decision comes following the G League’s announcement of this year’s season taking place at a single site for the 2020-21 season.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/2501595/phoenix-suns-not-sending-g-league-team-to-disney-bubble/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave