Suns @ Rockets Wednesday game thread 3-16-2022

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Another good scoring performance by Bridges with 26. He is averaging about 18 points per game over his past 23 games. This is precisely the guy we were all hoping for him to be on offense this year, just came a little later in the season than many were hoping.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another good scoring performance by Bridges with 26. He is averaging about 18 points per game over his past 23 games. This is precisely the guy we were all hoping for him to be on offense this year, just came a little later in the season than many were hoping.
Yup. Dude is brimming with confidence now and it’s awesome to behold.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been exhaustin few days but glad suns won.

Any news on when that new player lunderburg sure i mispelled name lol can play? Sounds like has potential

Oh yes yes 420 cough cough puff to a solid victory!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this comment for awhile and you are correct.

The Suns tease teams and then snatch the win away at the end much like the Spurs of old.
They really do. The Suns would constantly get up 10-15 points on the Spurs and I just NEVER felt comfortable with that lead.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns tease teams and then snatch the win away at the end much like the Spurs of old.

And it doesn't really matter who is playing. Some random dude always steps up even with a star out. I hate the Spurs but I have endless respect for Popovich and how he ran those teams. We have our Pop now and it is the best thing to watch.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the Suns just get overconfident at times which leads to letting teams back in. That's dangerous IMO but that's how this team rolls. I am more like Cheese. I don't get excited about leads because I have seen so many teams comeback on the Suns. I am more nervous until the last few minutes of the game where they have been so clutch. Once they take over that part of the game I am more like "we got this".

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns just get overconfident at times which leads to letting teams back in. That's dangerous IMO but that's how this team rolls. I am more like Cheese. I don't get excited about leads because I have seen so many teams comeback on the Suns. I am more nervous until the last few minutes of the game where they have been so clutch. Once they take over that part of the game I am more like "we got this".

I've have never thought the Suns were overconfident. Actually I think they take a lunch pail to work and grind on a team for 48 minutes every game. They are relentless. Plus they play each game one at a time.

A lot of times games are close until the end because the opponent gives it everything they have until they finally wear down in the closing minutes. The Suns have found out nothing beats hard work and preparation.

Btw, the Suns hate losing.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've have never thought the Suns were overconfident. Actually I think they take a lunch pail to work and grind on a team for 48 minutes every game. They are relentless. Plus they play each game one at a time.

A lot of times games are close until the end because the opponent gives it everything they have until they finally wear down in the closing minutes. The Suns have found out nothing beats hard work and preparation.

Btw, the Suns hate losing.
Maybe complacent is a better word. The Suns have a habit of not putting teams away until they catchup, tie up the game or just pull ahead. That doesn't say relentless for 48 minutes but I agree they overall are a relentless team. They do let up on the gas from time to time. I have heard Monty over and over in timeouts have to tell the team to keep pressing or say things like "don't let up".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose