Suns @ Rockets Wednesday game thread 1-20-21

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3 "I just dont like the way we finish games. It just doesn't feel right" ie "PASS THE BALL BOOK"

Booker can be a good player in his own right. He doesn't have to be Kobe at the end of games.

Actually if he backed off a bit at crunch time, I think it would come. Players know he is going to shoot in these situations.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes. Guys like Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson need to drive hard and look for contact a lot more. Our wings get zero FTA.
They can only do that on hard close outs. They don’t have the handles or first step to just take a defender to the hole.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
CP3 "I just dont like the way we finish games. It just doesn't feel right" ie "PASS THE BALL BOOK"

That's because Paul can't hit a shot in the fourth quarter, so the offense is playing 4-on-5.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic line. If he could consistently do this, he’d be an easy all star.

even beyond the line, it FELT like he made every bit of impact those numbers show. He’s had some games where he put up those numbers when it still didn’t feel like he was putting an imprint on the game. But tonight every one of those points, rebounds and blocks were felt.

it’s why I am always so frustrated with him. He’s GOT THAT GUY IN HIM. He just needs to believe he does and sky is the limit.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did anyone notice they sat PJ for the second half last night?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a great day. Suns win, Biden and Harris sworn in as leaders of our nation and the Pac 12 announces they are parting ways with Larry Scott in June. Plus my wife made Chicken Tikka Masala for lunch. So, great day.

So you were saving the big news for last. Hopefully the next media agreement will allow more fans to watch PAC-12 games.

The Chicken Tikka Masala sounds good. Compliments to your wife.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That's because Paul can't hit a shot in the fourth quarter, so the offense is playing 4-on-5.
CP3's biggest contribution has been the off-the-court stuff, such as accountability for all the young players. On the court, he's been a better decoy than contributor. I surmise that he'll get better, but he has to get better soon. These close games are giving me panic attacks

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ayton has been the best player on the court for both teams the past two games. I don't think this is an anomaly. I don't dismiss that Book and CP3 have been giving him feedback, but I also hope Ayton was telling them that they need to get him the ball in his spots.

If Ayton is going to straight up murder fools on the court now, he deserves 15+ FGA/game, especially if Booker is going to continue to shoot the ball like garbage and turn the ball over like Mitch Trubisky

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great gm by ayton hope he gets more consistent gms that was like a David Robinson gm!! I just remember on draft night he was being compared in that class

Hope he has another breakout gm vs the nuggets

Being honest I've been thinking how nice luka Booker would be but if ayton continues this will those thoughts fade

Go suns vs nuggets

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His consistency will depend upon the opponent and game plan as much as on his own motor. Bigs are dependent on the guards to get them the ball. He can always rebound and block shots.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A rise in Ayton's aggression was what I was most hoping to see from the CP3 trade. CP3 is the type of a-hole leader that a guy like Ayton needs, someone to get in his face and let him know he should be running people over. He probably has more dunks in the last 2 games than he did in the entire bubble.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A rise in Ayton's aggression was what I was most hoping to see from the CP3 trade. CP3 is the type of a-hole leader that a guy like Ayton needs, someone to get in his face and let him know he should be running people over. He probably has more dunks in the last 2 games than he did in the entire bubble.
Yes indeed suns need a trash talker type player like how Barkley was to bring the right attitude out of players during games!!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I dont really see cp3 as an a-hole, he just wants to make guys accountable, which can make it seem like he's an a-hole.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont really see cp3 as an a-hole, he just wants to make guys accountable, which can make it seem like he's an a-hole.
I think you guys both mean the same thing, you just express it differently.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton has been the best player on the court for both teams the past two games. I don't think this is an anomaly. I don't dismiss that Book and CP3 have been giving him feedback, but I also hope Ayton was telling them that they need to get him the ball in his spots.

If Ayton is going to straight up murder fools on the court now, he deserves 15+ FGA/game, especially if Booker is going to continue to shoot the ball like garbage and turn the ball over like Mitch Trubisky
I’m all for this, as long as they are strong aggressive shots and not all fadeaways and finger rolls. Mind you I said “not all” which allows for some (hopefully minimal).