Suns @ Rockets Sunday game thread 11-14-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bench ends up contributing 36 points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker ends up with 26 points.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you put Frank’s heart and crafty low post game into Ayton’s body, he’d be the best player in the game.

And no Ayton nut huggers. That doesn’t mean I think Frank is better than DA. He just works harder and has on his total game because he’s had to to even achieve 9th man on the roster status.
I mean what’s stopping Ayton from learning those type of moves?? Drive? Just spoiled on getting on with his athleticism and Paul?? Timidness?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty compliments 2nd half by Payne. Also he says McGee was a defensive presence around the rim.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean what’s stopping Ayton from learning those type of moves?? Drive? Just spoiled on getting on with his athleticism and Paul?? Timidness?

Nothing is stopping him.

He’s become a better defender from when he stepped on court as rookie but his offensive game has literally gone nowhere since then.

Has never shown an ability with a post game. Really has never even shown the ability to even get post position even though we’ve seen countless others on the team be effective in both feeding and scoring in the post. Has absolutely zero handles. Still doesn’t look to draw contact and get to the FT line. His jumper is pretty much in the exact same place. Same with his passing.

The total lack of growth on offense for a guy as athletically gifted and was the number 1 overall pick in a loaded draft is really disappointing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns longest winning streak under Monty is 8-0 which they also accomplished in the Orlando bubble. It would be sweet to get a win tomorrow.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Over the last 3 games the the Suns biggest deficit was 7 points (in the first few minutes against Portland) and they not trailed at any point beyond the first quarter.

Soft part of the schedule and it is good to see us burying bad teams.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the last 3 games the the Suns biggest deficit was 7 points (in the first few minutes against Portland) and they not trailed at any point beyond the first quarter.

Yup. Tough stretch coming up to end the month. Good to stack wins right now before a big road trip back East.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yup good teams beat teams they are supposed to.

Love to see it

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVale McGee so impressive with 19 points, 14 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal and 3 blocks.

Devin Booker says don't forget to mention the sky hook.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only hope that DA watching how hot this team has been since he took the bench motivates him to really elevate his game and bring 1000% focus. They’re making an argument that his value ain’t near what he believes it to be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only hope that DA watching how hot this team has been since he took the bench motivates him to really elevate his game and bring 1000% focus. They’re making an argument that his value ain’t near what he believes it to be.

If a totally focused Ayton is added to this team, we’re the best team in the league, able to show a variety of looks and adjustments.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If a totally focused Ayton is added to this team, we’re the best team in the league, able to show a variety of looks and adjustments.

I think it was Eddie Johnson who mentioned it tonight, that if the Suns had JaVale McGee in the Finals last season, they likely win the NBA championship. I'm of the same opinion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was Eddie Johnson who mentioned it tonight, that if the Suns had JaVale McGee in the Finals last season, they likely win the NBA championship. I'm of the same opinion.

Easily. Hell, I think if Monty actually gave Frank some run in the series, we would have won the championship.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easily. Hell, I think if Monty actually gave Frank some run in the series, we would have won the championship.

Maybe but defensively Frank can look very ordinary at times.

JaVale can be a menace deterring, altering and blocking shots.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

Agreed... if Monty doesn't go all D'Antoni in the playoffs, we probably would have won it all. I still get aggravated thinking about it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about the defense creating offense and how JaVale McGee influences the game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Javale has tremendous game. And as outta sorts offensively as Kaminsky looked playing against a host of athletic players (there’s his shortcoming surfacing) he combined with mcgee for 25pts and 20reb that’s fantastic outta our center position.

Shamet has been an enormous disappointment thus far.

I really like cam Johnson, but I fear we all may have gotten too excited about him. He’s seemingly regressed this season.

Good to start smashing these poor teams. 9-3 sounds good.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Javale has tremendous game. And as outta sorts offensively as Kaminsky looked playing against a host of athletic players (there’s his shortcoming surfacing) he combined with mcgee for 25pts and 20reb that’s fantastic outta our center position.

Shamet has been an enormous disappointment thus far.

I really like cam Johnson, but I fear we all may have gotten too excited about him. He’s seemingly regressed this season.

Good to start smashing these poor teams. 9-3 sounds good.

I noticed CJ got more burn with the starters which should help him. He doesn’t get as many touches with Payne and Nader in the lineup. They are all about attacking the rim and don’t pass out usually.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dude what?

Yes he’s a back up but no his minutes will not be slashed to nothing. He’s not as good as Ayton and it’s really not up for debate. I mean come on

Well I didn't mean literally nothing. I assume McGee will get 10-14 minutes per game once Ain'tn is back.

Ain'tn might be the better player in some abstract sense, but the Suns will miss McGee's production, and I'm not at all convinced that Ain'tn's alleged intangible contributions elsewhere on the court make up for that. It's like if you have a choice between two jobs, one of which makes vague claims about making the world a better place, and the other of which actually gives you a decent salary. Eventually you have to take the money.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Not all of us. As I keep trying to remind everyone, Johnson is older than Booker. It's just not realistic to expect him to develop much further.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I didn't mean literally nothing. I assume McGee will get 10-14 minutes per game once Ain'tn is back.

Ain'tn might be the better player in some abstract sense, but the Suns will miss McGee's production, and I'm not at all convinced that Ain'tn's alleged intangible contributions elsewhere on the court make up for that. It's like if you have a choice between two jobs, one of which makes vague claims about making the world a better place, and the other of which actually gives you a decent salary. Eventually you have to take the money.

The fact you call him “Ain’tn” lets me know you have an agenda and I can’t take you serious on this topic.

Aytons on ball defense is flat out elite level. His advanced metrics are great, but I get you see a flashy weak side block or a big dunk and your like omg that’s amazing. I was the same way when I was 12 watching basketball.

I love McGee and he is a great quality backup but that’s exactly what he is. A back up in the NBA. He’s more than capable of having his moments, but Ayton is better at pretty much everything other than blocks.

There isn’t a single GM in the NBA who would take a McGee over Ayton.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
There isn’t a single GM in the NBA who would take a McGee over Ayton.

Depends on whether they want to win the next game, or gamble for the future. If everything is riding on the next game, it has to be McGee, even once Ain'tn is back "healthy."

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Depends on whether they want to win the next game, or gamble for the future. If everything is riding on the next game, it has to be McGee, even once Ain'tn is back "healthy."

Good lord. So your telling me given what we have seen in high stake games your taking McGee over Ayton and every GM in the NBA would also?

I mean this has to be trolling right?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Good lord. So your telling me given what we have seen in high stake games your taking McGee over Ayton and every GM in the NBA would also?

I mean this has to be trolling right?
Not everyone who has a different opinion from you is trolling. But I guess that's what this forum has come to now.