Suns @ Rockets Sunday game thread 11-14-2021

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know man
I'd really like to get KAT for Ayton and a pick...I just think he puts us back in the Finals...the firepower would be sick. Imagine CP3 with a center who can score...man

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing what an average Center would look like in the Suns system to really see what Ayton's contributions are worth and McGee is about as average as you can get skillwise, IMO. What we've seen is that there is no way that Ayton is worth max money to the Suns. McGee and Frank have proved this system is plug and play for Centers to produce what Ayton has offensively and McGee has shown our defense isn't as reliant on Ayton as some would lead you to believe. They've more than held down the fort in his absence by either duplicating or out doing his production at 1/4 of Ayton's salary demands.

We should almost thank Ayton's agents for playing hardball because it's not just that he's not worth the 5 year max but he's not worth the 4 year max either. Ayton needs to return on a tear if he hopes to get max money from the Suns because his play so far has been lacking and seeing what a couple of journeymen can produce is making James Jones look prophetic in denying him the full 5 year max.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing what an average Center would look like in the Suns system to really see what Ayton's contributions are worth and McGee is about as average as you can get skillwise, IMO. What we've seen is that there is no way that Ayton is worth max money to the Suns. McGee and Frank have proved this system is plug and play for Centers to produce what Ayton has offensively and McGee has shown our defense isn't as reliant on Ayton as some would lead you to believe. They've more than held down the fort in his absence by either duplicating or out doing his production at 1/4 of Ayton's salary demands.

We should almost thank Ayton's agents for playing hardball because it's not just that he's not worth the 5 year max but he's not worth the 4 year max either. Ayton needs to return on a tear if he hopes to get max money from the Suns because his play so far has been lacking and seeing what a couple of journeymen can produce is making James Jones look prophetic in denying him the full 5 year max.

Only speaking skill, McGee has a lot of skills for a center especially the height that he is: dribbling full court, finishing drives, weak side help, spin moves. Now smarts, sometimes he forgets where he is in the game.

But comparing Franks and McGee's skills to Ayton, Ayton is the average guy. Our offense is flowing with Frank and McGee. No more awkward decision making, post moves or attempts to put the ball back in. We haven't seen any fadeways from our centers during this stretch.

This doesn't mean Ayton is garbage, he's just not the max player he thinks he is.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only speaking skill, McGee has a lot of skills for a center especially the height that he is: dribbling full court, finishing drives, weak side help, spin moves. Now smarts, sometimes he forgets where he is in the game.

But comparing Franks and McGee's skills to Ayton, Ayton is the average guy. Our offense is flowing with Frank and McGee. No more awkward decision making, post moves or attempts to put the ball back in. We haven't seen any fadeways from our centers during this stretch.

This doesn't mean Ayton is garbage, he's just not the max player he thinks he is.

Yeah I said that wrong. I was trying to convey his production and what can be asked of him. He excels at nothing but is competent across the board, outside of some real head scratching plays. He's like Robin Lopez or Gortat, he won't win you any games but he shouldn't cost you any either. He's middle of the pack and that's fine. The Suns have a long history of middle of the pack Centers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave