Suns @ Rockets 3-15-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday the Suns visit the Rockets.

The Rockets (42-26) will not be happy campers as they lost to the Warriors on Wednesday 106-104.

Suns (16-53) are smarting from their 114-97 home loss to the Jazz.

The game will be televised on FSAZ with a 5 p.m. Arizona start time.

Only 13 games left for the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson is listed as questionable and TJ Warren is out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okobo goes back to the G-League.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More questions about shutting Warren down.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also this from Duane Rankin on Warren.

I did not recall Warren had foot surgery in college.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this reply from Bob Young also, this was a reply to Gina's tweet answering the complaint of the press not asking about TJ.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Poop Head

I found this reading further down.

Rankin answers the question again. As a fan of course I want to hear more and so does the media.

Perhaps there is nothing more.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Poop Head

I found this reading further down.

Rankin answers the question again. As a fan of course I want to hear more and so does the media.

Perhaps there is nothing more.

That seems a bit worse. It's good that it doesn't appear to be anything that will need surgery but if it's mental then who knows when he'll snap out of it. Of course if we were playing for something I think he would be out there but at the same time I'd rather he struggle with the rest of his teammates rather than sit because he feels like playing now means nothing and he's not needed. I know I'm reading into this more but it's not unreasonable to at this point. He's missed a month because he's hurt and that sucks but there is more to play for than the playoffs, there are your teammates and your pride. The team tied or set a record for the most consecutive losses in Suns history while TJ's been out and he should have been out there. I want a player who wants to snap a losing streak just as bad as win an important game to put them in the playoff hunt.

It's debatable at this point but TJ and Booker were viewed as 2 best players last season and were 2 of our top players this year also. It seems like the coach, management, and training staff can't get Booker to rest and heal up because he wants to be on the floor playing while TJ can't get past his ailments and play through some pain for the sake of not setting records in futility. If there were a question of who is the true Alpha on this team, Booker or Warren, we'd have our answer this year and I don't see how it could be debated the other way. Booker seems just as committed to the Suns as the Suns are to him but TJ doesn't seem to be committed to this organization nearly as much as they've committed to him. I think things like this are exactly why he started the year as a Sixth man and why we've brought in more wings despite TJ's presence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson is out tonight. Melton should start for the Suns. Okobo is with the NAZ Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul is not playing tonight. Rivers will likely start for the Rockets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems a bit worse. It's good that it doesn't appear to be anything that will need surgery but if it's mental then who knows when he'll snap out of it. Of course if we were playing for something I think he would be out there but at the same time I'd rather he struggle with the rest of his teammates rather than sit because he feels like playing now means nothing and he's not needed. I know I'm reading into this more but it's not unreasonable to at this point. He's missed a month because he's hurt and that sucks but there is more to play for than the playoffs, there are your teammates and your pride. The team tied or set a record for the most consecutive losses in Suns history while TJ's been out and he should have been out there. I want a player who wants to snap a losing streak just as bad as win an important game to put them in the playoff hunt.

It's debatable at this point but TJ and Booker were viewed as 2 best players last season and were 2 of our top players this year also. It seems like the coach, management, and training staff can't get Booker to rest and heal up because he wants to be on the floor playing while TJ can't get past his ailments and play through some pain for the sake of not setting records in futility. If there were a question of who is the true Alpha on this team, Booker or Warren, we'd have our answer this year and I don't see how it could be debated the other way. Booker seems just as committed to the Suns as the Suns are to him but TJ doesn't seem to be committed to this organization nearly as much as they've committed to him. I think things like this are exactly why he started the year as a Sixth man and why we've brought in more wings despite TJ's presence.

Booker is the clear alpha on the Suns and the only one close is Oubre.

I suspect there is something more wrong with Warren's ankle and he might need surgery. However, this is only my fear.

I'm told bone bruises can take a couple of months to heal so I'm hoping this resolves it.

It doesn't make sense Warren is sitting out because he does not want to play.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul is not playing tonight. Rivers will likely start for the Rockets.

Can you imagine if that worked out for us? A wing/forward along with a guard for Anderson? If only Rivers had a better head on those shoulders.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine if that worked out for us? A wing/forward along with a guard for Anderson? If only Rivers had a better head on those shoulders.

Rivers was part of the Ariza trade, not Anderson. Getting a return like that for Ariza might have kept the Anderson trade from happening at all. I prefer Tyler Johnson to Austin Rivers any day of the week. I've never been a fan of Austin and am glad he didn't become a Sun because cheering for him would have sucked.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some comments from Warren about his hope to return this season. It's encouraging to hear from Warren.
I wish he had spoken up earlier.

Here is an excerpt from a Duane Rankin article:

“Mentally, it’s been tough,” Warren said. “It’s one of those things that’s kind of tricky. It’s like a bone bruise. Sometimes you feel it. Sometimes, it gets better. Sometimes it doesn’t. It’s one of those things that’s on or off. I just want to make sure I’m myself before I’m back.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I just want to make sure I’m all the way back,” Warren added.

Warren also made it clear he wants to play before the season ends. The Suns will have 12 games left after Friday's game.

“That’s the goal,” said Warren, who is second on the team in scoring behind Devin Booker at 18 points a game. “I’m just trying to do everything possible to make sure I’m mentally and physically ready.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-warren-wants-return-ankle-injury/3179416002/

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okobo has been recalled. I want him to play like the photo.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the Suns received maximum return when trading Ariza and Anderson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Troy Daniels is starting at point guard.

I had to do a double take when I heard it on the Suns pregame show.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Booker scores the first basket.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton makes a spin towards the basket and scores.

Suns defense looks good. They lead 8-2.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton looks intense tonight. He already has four points.

Some nice defense from Bender.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Bender starts out with 2 boards and 2 good defensive plays.

The Suns get off to a 10-5 lead.

Edit: Oops, Mainstreet, you beat me by a second about Bender.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton had a shot right in front of the basket and passed it out for a missed 3 pointer.

He has 6 points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns could use the toughness of a player like Faried.

He gets a vicious slam.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose