Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Suns are adding another forward.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Worth a look as a banger type small ball power forward.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could the Suns use a forward in a trade for a point guard?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time I think the Suns are going to fill their most pressing need they sign a forward.

Sometimes I feel like Charlie Brown.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Acy is fine as a depth signing but I'm always looking for a move to lead to something more.

I think the Suns roster now stands at fourteen.

It seems that every time they sign anyone, we all go, "OMG, another trade is coming! We're gonna get a point guard next!"
Or maybe it's just me, but I swear that's been my reaction every single time they do anything.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems that every time they sign anyone, we all go, "OMG, another trade is coming! We're gonna get a point guard next!"
Or maybe it's just me, but I swear that's been my reaction every single time they do anything.

This was my first reaction. When will I ever learn.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score

You're definately not alone there. I think it's because it's so bleeding obvious that we need a decent PG on this squad that it just seems logical to think that the Suns would be prioritizing this and doing every thing they can to make it happen. But alas...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's clear we've been in search of a point guard, we just haven't found a decent one. Just look at the very long list of PG's and combo guards we've gone through the past two seasons, it's been a regular turnstile. And no, other than Bledsoe, none of them are very good but apparently teams aren't making the good ones available.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Acy has been listed as a SF except for his first year, then listed as PF. He's big enough to fill in for us at PF - rebounds at a decent clip. Last year he shot threes at 35% but he's been up and down over his six seasons on that stat. I'd guess he is trying to establish himself as a stretch 4, or at least as a stretch 3.8, No harm in trying, I suppose.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's no point in signing another 10 day PG so going after a potential backup PF isn't a bad move. We need a PG that is already in the league somewhere that is underappreciated or stuck behind an All-Star level PG. I like Acy and signing him for 10 days isn't a bad move at all. We need to keep the roster at 14 to avoid any sort of fine from the league because that's the league minimum. Until we find someone that can earn a contract for the rest of the season then we might as well throw out some 10 day contracts now that the option is available, they just became available today actually.

I hope that James Jones is working the phones and trying to land us a PG in a trade though because no one we sign to a 10 day contract is going to help us enough to make our L's W's. At least Acy is a high energy player of sorts and could allow Igor to move Oubre into the starting 5 and Melton to the bench, giving him another forward to bring in with Jackson like he was using Oubre before.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I rembreme watching him and Perry Jones at Baylor thinking these kids are going to be a stars...ya missed on those.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Non-guaranteed roster cuts will happen at 5:00 PM Eastern tonight. Keep our fingers crossed for a decent roster casualty...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think a non-guaranteed player is going to solve anything right now. I'll be more interested once the trade deadline comes around.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Michael Carter-Williams is going to be waived. Not sure if he's on anyones radar but I want the Suns to give him a look. I don't expect much from him but if he could provide 15 minutes a game of decent PG play that would be a big improvement. At this point I'm tired of seeing Melton on the floor. I know he tries hard on defense but if he attempts another 3 in the 4th quarter I might throw my remote through my TV.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/252156/Rockets-Trade-Michael-Carter-Williams-To-Bulls