Suns release Canaan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Decisive action there. Must be picking up someone else or making a trade.

This is certainly not going to hurt anything.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thank God. Sarver finally decided to force Igor's hand. Sad that it had to come to that, and that Igor couldn't do his job there.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm happy he was able to get a shot. Seemed like a nice guy. This is for the best.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow! with the solid playing time and being an integral part of the rotations, wow.

Shocked but I'm not mad.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Juwan Evans get a shot soon. He scored 33 for Northern Arizona last night.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow! with the solid playing time and being an integral part of the rotations, wow.

Shocked but I'm not mad.

Had to be done BECAUSE Kokoskov kept making him an integral part of the rotations, despite him being a major negative on the floor and not deserving to be any part of the rotations.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So what does this do for our cap room? Or is Sarver just eating the salary?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm happy he was able to get a shot. Seemed like a nice guy. This is for the best.

Nice guy, yes. NBA level player, absolutely not. Give him an assistant coaching or intern-level front office job if you want to reward niceness. Don't punish the rest of the team by forcing him into the rotation undeservedly.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nice guy, yes. NBA level player, absolutely not. Give him an assistant coaching or intern-level front office job if you want to reward niceness. Don't punish the rest of the team by forcing him into the rotation undeservedly.

Meh. He's a borderline NBA level player. But on a team with zero established point guards, where he's relied on for heavy minutes, it's no surprise he didn't work out. We need someone who can turn into something more than a decent third-stringer, so there was no room for him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So this new regime decides against Harrison and Canaan.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You have absolutely no idea or insight into this decision, how it was made, or who made it.
No. But we can speculate. This is probably about Point Book being the new direction, at least for this year. I could see us picking up a vet backup pg.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They darn well better be.

I will admit he has been terrible the last few games, but cutting him without a replacement would be dumb.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You have absolutely no idea or insight into this decision, how it was made, or who made it.

Sure as heck wasn't Igor, or it would have happened at least 2 weeks ago, rather than him continuing to get extensive playing time.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I will admit he has been terrible the last few games, but cutting him without a replacement would be dumb.

As I said before, a guy off the street could be as effective. At a bare minimum, give Okobo and/or Melton a shot. They couldn't possibly be any worse.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure as heck wasn't Igor, or it would have happened at least 2 weeks ago, rather than him continuing to get extensive playing time.

Please, please don't let it come out Sarver got him cut because Igor was not listening to him about not giving him playing time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don’t think a trade is imminent. Whenever there’s action it seems everyone in this board assumes there’s a second shoe to fall . . . and it never does.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Please, please don't let it come out Sarver got him cut because Igor was not listening to him about not giving him playing time.
Took a minute to parse this statement, but are you questioning that Sarver wanted Igor to not play him and Igor was saying "Screw you, I am playing him"? That whole thing, from either side, seems like quite the stretch.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think a trade is imminent. Whenever there’s action it seems everyone in this board assumes there’s a second shoe to fall . . . and it never does.

Maybe this new regime actually has a plan???

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Now let's find a way to get rid of Ariza as soon as possible, and we might finally have the foundation for something positive looking ahead.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even a call up is a plan. Perhaps Okobo or Melton or Evans have shown enough to replace Canaan as the whipping boy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The timing seems so weird.

The Suns play Canaan against the Pacers (instead of Okobo and Melton) and then suddenly decide to release him.

I think you are correct. Another move is in the works.