Suns @ Raptors Tuesday game thread 1-11-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns head out on a five game road trip. They start by playing the Raptors on Tuesday.

Afterwards they play: @Indiana (1/14), @Detroit (1/16), @San Antonio (1/17), and @Dallas (1/20).

Raptors are 20-17 and have won their past six games. They beat the Pelicans at home on Sunday.

Suns are 30-9 after their loss to the Heat..

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

Start time is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin Jackson is not with the team. I was hoping he would get a second 10-day contract. It doesn't say anything about it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Justin Jackson is not with the team.

When is his 10-day up? My guess is it's up during the trip and they aren't going to keep him. A shame because he didn't really get a good look.

I'm more upset about Cam's ankle though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When is his 10-day up? My guess is it's up during the trip and they aren't going to keep him. A shame because he didn't really get a good look.

I'm more upset about Cam's ankle though.

Justin Jackson was signed around January 4th. I thought he had a chance to stick if the Suns could find a roster spot.

I hope Cam Johnson being out is a short term thing.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crap, when did Cam roll his ankle? If he keeps playing the way he did in December and January he is going to have a real shot at 6th man.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears Cam Johnson sprained his ankle near the end of the game with the Heat.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz lose at Pistons on Monday.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Gonna have to keep tabs on Memphis as well given how well they're playing; only half a game back on Utah for 3rd, three and a half back from GSW and Phoenix.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jazz lose at Pistons on Monday.
Yep, which means that even though we've had a disappointing stretch where we've lost 4 of our last 10, we haven't lost ground to the Warriors or the Jazz because they've done the same thing.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, which means that even though we've had a disappointing stretch where we've lost 4 of our last 10, we haven't lost ground to the Warriors or the Jazz because they've done the same thing.

Covid parity. Most of the league has been without a third of their rotation guys.

I don't want to come off a minimizing the seriousness of Covid, I think it has killed millions and I also think the vaccines have been huge in lowering the toll, but I think with the prevalence of Omicron, the huge number of recent cases that have been basically non-symptomatic, we're approaching the point that the league should look at ending the protocols. If guys are healthy enough to play, they should play. Covid is a virus that we know we're going to have to live with and mass testing and isolation have done basically nothing to stop the spread of the new variant... a variant which is producing far milder symptoms in those that show any at all.

Except in NYC... because screw Kyrie and the Nets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Of course I look at the standings but I evaluate the Suns on how they play. IMO, they haven't been hitting on all cylinders since their loss at Boston.

I'm not sure what the Suns have going with Charlotte but they always seen to play them well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scottie Barnes and Gary Trent are questionable for Raptors.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can we please get back to playing Phoenix Suns basketball?!?! This is not going to be an easy game. Nick Nurse is one of the best coaches in the league. Vanvleet won player of the week last week. Siakam is a load on both ends. Anunoby can guard like crazy. This is a game where we need Ayton to dominate. I kinda foresee Book struggling with length offensively (hope I’m wrong). Let’s leave Canada with a dub tonight boys

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They are an interesting squad. They can throw out a positionless all 6’8 squad which can be really very disruptive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder why Justin Jackson is not with the team. He could help with Cam Johnson out.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fun day got new s21 phone dawgs won title!!!

Now im hopin suns top off with w!!

We are the valley gooooo suns

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
They are saying Stix expected to play the four spot tonight on the pregame show. This will give us an idea if he can actually play the four.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are saying Stix expected to play the four spot tonight on the pregame show. This will give us an idea if he can actually play the four.

I was just reading this. Why didn't they bring Justin Jackson along who plays the 3/4.

Jackson would be more comfortable at the 4.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose