Suns @ Raptors Friday game thread 12-30-2022

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're about 49 million over the salary cap right now. If we let Ayton walk, we wouldn't have been able to replace his contract with a free agent. His slot basically would've disappeared.
Unfortunately true. We were screwed there either way.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a video that tracks Ayton for this game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn’t watch this I’ve been running around all day and THANK GOD.

25 turnovers? How?

This team has more talent even with the injuries than the record shows. There is just honestly no excuse for some of these performances.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty needs to go. These guys just come out not ready time after time

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t watch this I’ve been running around all day and THANK GOD.

25 turnovers? How?

This team has more talent even with the injuries than the record shows. There is just honestly no excuse for some of these performances.
Maybe if Chris Paul could still play like a superstar this team would still be on a competitive level with the middle of the pack teams and below. But with CP3 looking like the worst player on the court most nights, we simply do not have the talent to measure up. We'll steal a win or two because the other teams will play down to a hapless roster but in the end, we'll lose almost every game until 2 or 3 of our players return.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe if Chris Paul could still play like a superstar this team would still be on a competitive level with the middle of the pack teams and below. But with CP3 looking like the worst player on the court most nights, we simply do not have the talent to measure up. We'll steal a win or two because the other teams will play down to a hapless roster but in the end, we'll lose almost every game until 2 or 3 of our players return.

Is anyone here still sticking up for James Jones?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here still sticking up for James Jones?
Me, at least as much as ever. I'm not sure we wouldn't be better off without him but I don't see him as the problem right now. He didn't injure most of our rotation and while we could use some more bodies, they aren't likely to help us anymore than the bottom of our roster can. This game is about talent first and foremost and we are sorely lacking in that regard.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Me, at least as much as ever. I'm not sure we wouldn't be better off without him but I don't see him as the problem right now. He didn't injure most of our rotation and while we could use some more bodies, they aren't likely to help us anymore than the bottom of our roster can. This game is about talent first and foremost and we are sorely lacking in that regard.

Lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Btw, though he has adequate handles, Washington is no point guard. He’s a scorer plain and simple. When he tries to pass it’s almost an automatic turnover.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
DA is trash, he wanted to be a center piece of the offense. Book is out, Paul is 38 and this POS Grifter puts up a 4 spot. Suns & Cards finally land #1 overall picks and they get two lazy check cashing losers

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
DA is trash, he wanted to be a center piece of the offense. Book is out, Paul is 38 and this POS Grifter puts up a 4 spot. Suns & Cards finally land #1 overall picks and they get two lazy check cashing losers
At positions both franchises had been chasing for decades.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Btw, though he has adequate handles, Washington is no point guard. He’s a scorer plain and simple. When he tries to pass it’s almost an automatic turnover.

Either way, the Suns should keep him long term.

Washington is a young project player who at 22 can give the Suns some minutes now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they put it together when everyone comes back. The window is closing fast
I'm hoping they put it together before then because Devin will likely be out quite a while. I can't fault the effort from most of the guys, if they keep that up and we get the Cams, Shamet and Biyombo back we should be competitive with most of the league. At that point, if we can win half our games or so we should still be in the race when Booker is finally healthy and up to speed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If Ayton gave even average effort we win last night. Unfortunately we got Ain’ton

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CP3’s deal isn’t a huge negative considering his next year is half-guaranteed and 4th year TO.

I don’t think Jones/Monty have the brass ones to shake it up that majorly.
Next season the Suns will have more options regarding Paul either to keep him or use him in a trade if they are so inclined. This season, not so much.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Ayton gave even average effort we win last night. Unfortunately we got Ain’ton

As good as we were in the clutch last year that’s how bad we are this year. We’ve already lost more “clutch” games this year then all of last year.

Paul’s numbers have fallen off a cliff. Down almost 20% in clutch shooting.

If the game is close we’re losing

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully they put it together when everyone comes back. The window is closing fast
I see the window opening, at least in the long run. This year not so much, next year the Suns have huge options. Crowder off the books, Ayton, Paul and first rounds pick for trades. Jones could really shake it up. New OWNER

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see the window opening, at least in the long run. This year not so much, next year the Suns have huge options. Crowder off the books, Ayton, Paul and first rounds pick for trades. Jones could really shake it up. New OWNER

Crowder being off the books doesn’t help up.

Crowder and Saric being 20 million in expiring contracts is what’s valuable. JJ has to use those before the deadline to make any kind of big move

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Crowder being off the books doesn’t help up.

Crowder and Saric being 20 million in expiring contracts is what’s valuable. JJ has to use those before the deadline to make any kind of big move
This year yes. He can wait and just let them go bye. Jones gives you a contract he keeps it . Thats why Crowder got his grow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose