Suns @ Raptors 1-22-17

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are playing the second night of a back to back against the Raptors. The Raptors had Saturday off. After losing two in a row, plus losing to the Suns in Phoenix, the Raptors will be plenty motivated.

Below ia part of an article from the ESPN preview:

The Raptors (28-15) will have plenty of motivation. They have lost two in a row, including an embarrassing 113-78 loss to the Hornets in Charlotte on Friday. It was the lowest point total this season for the Raptors.

If they needed any more incentive, they lost 99-91 to the Suns in Phoenix on Dec. 29.

The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. Arizona time.

http://www.espn.com/nba/preview?gameId=400900084

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns quickly down 10-3 to open the 1st quarter.

They have 3 early TOs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are trying to match-up with the Raptors size by playing Chandler and Len together.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe out of bounds pass to Chandler leads to a violent dunk.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
knight with the shaqtin charge followed by an airball

If the Suns are going to play Knight pairing him up with Ulis is not the worst choice.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Highlight dunk by Chriss. Awesome.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns have taken the lead with 5 + minutes in the 4th quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eric Bledsoe has been putting on a show with 36 points, 13 assists and 5 rebounds.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hate that I'm saying this but maybe we should keep Tucker and see if we can extend him for a rational contract.

His defense in practice has apparently helped Booker quite a bit and he's done well against certain stars in the NBA as well.

I still hate his offensive game and we're always going to be playing 4 on 5 on that end of the court but defensively, it might make sense to keep him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns win back-to-back road games against the Knicks and Raptors.

Great road trip after losing the first game against the Cavaliers.

Final: Suns 115 Raptors 103

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade Bledsoe, Knight, Tucker now can't be having all this winning :)

Really good game tonight just destroyed em in the 4th

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate that I'm saying this but maybe we should keep Tucker and see if we can extend him for a rational contract.

His defense in practice has apparently helped Booker quite a bit and he's done well against certain stars in the NBA as well.

I still hate his offensive game and we're always going to be playing 4 on 5 on that end of the court but defensively, it might make sense to keep him.

No thanks. This is the best he's played, by far, since his last contract year. Maybe it's the incredible coaching by Watson that has brought his game back into focus but I wouldn't take that gamble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade Bledsoe, Knight, Tucker now can't be having all this winning :)

Really good game tonight just destroyed em in the 4th

Bledsoe finished with 40 points, 13 assists and 6 rebounds. He had a stellar game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thanks. This is the best he's played, by far, since his last contract year. Maybe it's the incredible coaching by Watson that has brought his game back into focus but I wouldn't take that gamble.

IMO, it depends on the size of the contract. He is a solid bench player. I would not sign him to a large contract though.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Tucker's playing well because he's coming off the bench. Guys like Tucker are hustle/energy players and when you start them and play them 40+ mins a game, it kills their energy because nobody other than Westbrook has that kind of stamina to do it night in and night out while playing heavy minutes.

Look at Tucker's minutes played. This is the best he's played defensively since his first year in Phoenix and coincidentally, this year and that year have been the seasons in which he's played the least amount of minutes (24 and 27).

If any team trades for Tucker and then start him and play him the kind of minutes we've given him the last 3 years, they'll hate him. But if they trade for him and play him the kind of minutes he's gotten this season and his first season here, then he'll be fine.

I won't shed a tear if he gets traded but I'm much more open to keeping him in Phoenix after seeing that he's much, much better off the bench than in a starting role.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bledsoe could get a haul but I don't see Sarver trading him given his contract and production. I'm just gonna enjoy the season he's having.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well, there is no point in trading him for a second round pick. He is more valuable, even off the bench than that pick would be.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, no way. He's only regressing as time goes on. Sign a younger gritty defender and/or draft one in the 2nd round. The only reason Tucker stands out at all is because most everyone else is a below average defender.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose