Suns @ Pelicans Sunday Playoff game thread 4-24-2022 - Game 4

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I would love to see anyone of Bridges, Cam, Shamet, Payne, or Crowder do something meaningful in this game. They have been off for quite some time so something has to give sooner or later?!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to see anyone of Bridges, Cam, Shamet, Payne, or Crowder do something meaningful in this game. They have been off for quite some time so something has to give sooner or later?!
Bridges has had 19 and 17 the last two games and came thru with 4 clutch FTs down the stretch to clinch the game on the road.

But yeah… we need at least ONE of those other guys to actually play well to win today because Ayton ain’t putting up 28/17 again and depending on Paul to go nuts every 4th quarter is going to wear him down and can’t be depended on every game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ughhhh stupid insomnia bug hit me again l night lol

Hope suns make feel better in few hrs

Got 420 rdy haha

Neverous and excited on ton we are the valley gooooooo suns :)! Playin 2k ps5 to chill ease fan stress bef gm

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
we are overdue for good overall team performance (especially from 3 and from D) and this would be perfect timing for it

credit last game to Ayton and Monty for making the adjustment of taking it to Val and disrupting their system.

Monty needs to deal with the Crowder issue. i know he's a defensive staple and he can be clutch offensively at the end of games, but for 2 years he's been an early offensive liability. the defense cheats off of him, forcing him to take open shots he misses way to often.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep. We have won something like 8 or 9 in a row against the Mavs. Luka is an extremely high usage player who we have several guys that make him work really hard for shots (he shot terribly against us this year), we also have a lot of guys who are great at pouncing their passing lanes. Dallas is pretty lousy on transition D, we have no one that they can "hide" Luka on when he has to defend AND, while Ayton often has problems with self motivation, he seems to always be up for games against the Mavs... probably because of all the Luka #1 pick talk.

But I also think we'd smoke the Jazz. They live and die by the 3 and we tend to do well against them and other teams cut from that cloth, and they have been a disaster in the clutch all year, a time when we feast.

But first we gotta polish off these Buzzards we're playing now and get Booker some time in the rejuvenation tank.
We have to worry about what's DIRECTLY in front of us until Booker gets good.
Lets just hope the Jazz and Mavs bang each other up for as long as possible, of those 2 teams I could care less who we play...same result.
I guess id want the Mavs because to hell with playing at altitude.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Bridges has had 19 and 17 the last two games and came thru with 4 clutch FTs down the stretch to clinch the game on the road.

But yeah… we need at least ONE of those other guys to actually play well to win today because Ayton ain’t putting up 28/17 again and depending on Paul to go nuts every 4th quarter is going to wear him down and can’t be depended on every game.
It's a recipe for disaster is what it is. 3/4 of the team has been building brick mansions for about a month straight now. It's crazy that we can still win games with these type of (non) performances, but really all it takes is an avg night from cp3 or Ayton and those W's turn into L's real quickly.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a recipe for disaster is what it is. 3/4 of the team has been building brick mansions for about a month straight now. It's crazy that we can still win games with these type of (non) performances, but really all it takes is an avg night from cp3 or Ayton and those W's turn into L's real quickly.

Nothing has been easy for the Suns of late. They haven't played well since they beat the Warriors on March 30th but truthfully they didn't play all that well in that game.

When Monty started to rest players is when things seem to get out of rhythm. Now they need to regain that chemistry and get Devin Booker back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zion working out pregame.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol just sayin thank godddd suns dont have to worry bout zion honestly without book i think they lose if pels have him
TBO WITH Zion they don't make the play in game.
I love what that Kid can do. But honestly he's not a franchise player. He's worth 20 and 10 for sure but he tires way too quickly for the NBA. Unless he loses weight and learns to shoot he's got 5 years at best. Maybe less since he's such a *****. Wouldn't want him on my team. Don't care what happens to him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mavs depend on Maxi and Bartans hitting outside shots (DFS to some degree as well.) Brunson and Dinwiddie are dangerous, but they are rarely both "on". Defensively, Dallas is underrated, but they really don't have a single player who can even attempt to guard Ayton (Or McGee, for that matter). They can win a game, maybe even two if they get lucky, but there is no way they can beat the Suns four times in seven games even if the Suns don't have Booker at all. I watch the Mavs more than any other team (Suns being excluded, obviously), and they pose no threat to the Suns in a seven game series.
I hope you are right. But the way the suns have been playing lately, I don't feel to confident.