Suns @ Pelicans Sunday Playoff game thread 4-24-2022 - Game 4

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Chris Paul is going to have to carry a much larger scoring load regardless of Booker playing or not. Especially if the other guys aren't getting out of their slump. Shamet, Craig & Johnson all need to find their shot because if they don't we might not make it past the Pelicans even if Ayton, Paul & Bridges are playing well.

Also, why is Aaron Holiday not getting minutes? He's provided offense off the bench since coming over after trade deadline and we should be looking for offense everywhere if everyone else is cold.
All CP3 needs to do is get the Efing ball to Ayton! How's a brotha supposed to DOMINATE without the ball?
Getting past the Pells is not the problem, its getting past the Luka if Book takes longer than expected.
This is a character building moment for the Fellas, We know they want it. But can they with Montes help figure out a way to sneak through to the finals.
They did it last year without both Book and Paul at times.
Again, I'm not gonna be worried till there's something to worry about. I do know what we are missing without Booker out there. But I've been a fan long enough to know exactly what we have left on that court and I wont bet against it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Monty has two glaring weaknesses in his coaching

Use of timeouts

Not using his bench during the playoffs
Can we even begin to imagine how great of coach Monty would be if would only call timeouts and play Holiday and other bench dudes more?? Damn…

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we even begin to imagine how great of coach Monty would be if would only call timeouts and play Holiday and other bench dudes more?? Damn…
So you’re saying that Monty is perfect and the greatest coach in the history of the league ?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker is OUT for game 4.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So you’re saying that Monty is perfect and the greatest coach in the history of the league ?
I think I trust a two time Coach of the Year when it comes to calling timeouts and using his bench. There is no perfect coach. But as I look at the results since he’s joined the Suns, I’m 100% A-OK with Monty…

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on suns this is a hugee gm!! Need big performances from monster ayton and mr cp3

We are the valley! Go suns fingers heavily crossed and bong rdy wink :) lol

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker is OUT for game 4.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
We knew this was coming. My guess is if we go up 3-1 we won't see him in Game 5 either. Even if it then goes to 3-2 we likely won't see him in Game 6. The only two scenarios I see him coming back are if we are facing elimination or this goes the distance for a Game 7.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We knew this was coming. My guess is if we go up 3-1 we won't see him in Game 5 either. Even if it then goes to 3-2 we likely won't see him in Game 6. The only two scenarios I see him coming back are if we are facing elimination or this goes the distance for a Game 7.

It makes sense. If Booker can take extra time to heal the injury he should. However, I don't think he will stay out any longer than necessary.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calling my shot… He ain’t coming back until round 2, Game 2.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and I have the same shot. I just said this to my wife last night. I said no Booker until Game 2, round 2. My caveat ofcourse was that the Suns wouldn't face elimination. Then I think there is a chance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking past the next game with the Pelicans.

Without Devin Booker the Suns may not make it to the next round. I wouldn't be surprised to see him return this series. It's not what I want it but it may become a necessity if the Suns are to advance.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stats I heard from solar panel

Suns shooters not named Devin Booker in games 2&3 have shot 10-50 on 3s(Ayton has 3 of them)

When Suns win the rebounding battle Suns are 44-2 when they lose it 20-16

Our PF is our giant weakness we’re getting absolutely nothing from that position so far

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

I agree. Unless something goes wrong and the Suns are in danger of losing to New Orleans, I don't think he'll be back. In the next round, I honestly don't think you need to rush him. Dallas and Utah are worse than the Pelicans.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex said Devin Booker 10-14 days

“Devin Booker is more day to day than weeks away”-Flex

Don’t kill the messenger

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. Unless something goes wrong and the Suns are in danger of losing to New Orleans, I don't think he'll be back. In the next round, I honestly don't think you need to rush him. Dallas and Utah are worse than the Pelicans.

I agree I’m not worried about Dallas or Utah at all. I think the Pelicans are better than the T-Wolves, Utah, Dallas and Denver

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Not so sure about that. Dallas with luka is Not a pushover.

Mavs depend on Maxi and Bartans hitting outside shots (DFS to some degree as well.) Brunson and Dinwiddie are dangerous, but they are rarely both "on". Defensively, Dallas is underrated, but they really don't have a single player who can even attempt to guard Ayton (Or McGee, for that matter). They can win a game, maybe even two if they get lucky, but there is no way they can beat the Suns four times in seven games even if the Suns don't have Booker at all. I watch the Mavs more than any other team (Suns being excluded, obviously), and they pose no threat to the Suns in a seven game series.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mavs depend on Maxi and Bartans hitting outside shots (DFS to some degree as well.) Brunson and Dinwiddie are dangerous, but they are rarely both "on". Defensively, Dallas is underrated, but they really don't have a single player who can even attempt to guard Ayton (Or McGee, for that matter). They can win a game, maybe even two if they get lucky, but there is no way they can beat the Suns four times in seven games even if the Suns don't have Booker at all. I watch the Mavs more than any other team (Suns being excluded, obviously), and they pose no threat to the Suns in a seven game series.

Yep. We have won something like 8 or 9 in a row against the Mavs. Luka is an extremely high usage player who we have several guys that make him work really hard for shots (he shot terribly against us this year), we also have a lot of guys who are great at pouncing their passing lanes. Dallas is pretty lousy on transition D, we have no one that they can "hide" Luka on when he has to defend AND, while Ayton often has problems with self motivation, he seems to always be up for games against the Mavs... probably because of all the Luka #1 pick talk.

But I also think we'd smoke the Jazz. They live and die by the 3 and we tend to do well against them and other teams cut from that cloth, and they have been a disaster in the clutch all year, a time when we feast.

But first we gotta polish off these Buzzards we're playing now and get Booker some time in the rejuvenation tank.