Suns @ Pelicans Sunday game thread 12-11-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will play the Pelicans again on Sunday.

Suns are now 16-10. The Pelicans are 17-8.

When: Sunday, December 11th, 2022

Television: Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 1:30 pm Arizona time

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Someone better knock a Pelican on their ass Sunday or this team is a bunch of *******

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone better knock a Pelican on their ass Sunday or this team is a bunch of *******
Why? Payback for Zion's unnecessary dunk? We already embarrassed ourselves crying about it, cheap shots on Sunday isn't going to do a thing for our reputation or image. CP's halfhearted layup attempt was almost as unwarranted as Zion's dunk, at least Zion was playing to his crowd (which is part of his job).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why? Payback for Zion's unnecessary dunk? We already embarrassed ourselves crying about it, cheap shots on Sunday isn't going to do a thing for our reputation or image. CP's halfhearted layup attempt was almost as unwarranted as Zion's dunk, at least Zion was playing to his crowd (which is part of his job).
Eh it’s the unwritten rule. Pros play by it. In a testy matchup where you know you’re playing again on Sunday you just don’t do that. Monty is soft so he won’t go at zion. But I would. I would absolutely send a message. But our entire team is soft. Including Booker who, imo, is a fake tough guy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh it’s the unwritten rule. Pros play by it. In a testy matchup where you know you’re playing again on Sunday you just don’t do that. Monty is soft so he won’t go at zion. But I would. I would absolutely send a message. But our entire team is soft. Including Booker who, imo, is a fake tough guy.
9 points down with 11 seconds left in the game (and the shot clock turned off), the defense is sagging off you so that you can dribble out the game but instead, CP3 takes the ball to the hoop (and misses). IMO Zion is only being slightly more a jerk than CP was.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
9 points down with 11 seconds left in the game (and the shot clock turned off), the defense is sagging off you so that you can dribble out the game but instead, CP3 takes the ball to the hoop (and misses). IMO Zion is only being slightly more a jerk than CP was.
Paul was answering nance’s layup with 18 seconds left instead of running out the clock to prove the point. Zion took it (literally) to the next level. There’s a reason AD, the Pels color guy and a former player, was saying “no, no, no” as it was unfolding with zion.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’ll settle for a one point victory just to stop the losing streak.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
James Jones needs to find another scorer. Book has something going on, whether injury or mental block. Shamet still stinks. Bridges cant be a scorer without taking away from his defense, which has been trash most of the season. Lee is the second coming of 4th-quarter Frank. Ayton is doing well when given the opportunity, but I can shoot free throws better than him this season.

Let’s see if the Nets will do a Durant for Bridges, Jae, filler and 4 picks deal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Suns injury report. Devin Booker is QUESTIONABLE.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW:

In regard to Zion dunk, Damian Lee took a last second shot against the Mavericks after they deliberately ran out the clock on their last possession before the Suns took over.

It got some chatter from the crowd.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OT:

The Spurs won at the Heat. How does that happen?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No problem at all with Zions dunk. The fact we tried to get a cheap bucket is what lead to that dunk.

You’re at home give your crowd something to remember. I don’t wanna see fight after the game I need to see that during the game. Seemed perfectly fine getting embarrassed by the Mavs and Celtics but Zion dunks and now your mad smh

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OT:

The Spurs won at the Heat. How does that happen?
The Heat aren’t very good this year at 12-15.

We’re definitely better but They’re in a similar boat to us at this point. Their run has kinda ended, they’ve got a weird mix of old and young and probably need to blow it up at this point.

Is anyone going to be surprised if they decide to pull the trigger on a rebuild and trade Butler to start that process?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heat aren’t very good this year at 12-15.

We’re definitely better but They’re in a similar boat to us at this point. Their run has kinda ended, they’ve got a weird mix of old and young and probably need to blow it up at this point.

Is anyone going to be surprised if they decide to pull the trigger on a rebuild and trade Butler to start that process?

Still, Butler, Herro, Lowry, Strus and Adebayo are good players.

A lot of good teams have started slow this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think herro is “good” anymore. He’s okay.

I like Herro a lot as a player. Tyler has had an impressive four seasons and he is still young at age 22.

I'm not sure about his upside but I would gladly take the player he is now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why they play the games.

Still, there is a huge gulf in talent between the two teams and the same Spurs team the Suns beat by 38 points on December 4th.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I like Herro a lot as a player. Tyler has had an impressive four seasons and he is still young at age 22.

I'm not sure about his upside but I would gladly take the player he is now.
Sheesh, I meant Lowry. I have no idea why I typed herro.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheesh, I meant Lowry. I have no idea why I typed herro.

Yeah, the Suns need to get younger, not older. They already have Chris Paul.

If they go after an older player, they could do worse than Bojan.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker has his high school jersey retired.

By Arizona Sports:

Moss Point High School in Mississippi retired Devin Booker’s No. 2 jersey on Saturday, and the Phoenix Suns traveled from New Orleans to attend the ceremony at Arthur Haynes Gym.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think we get torn a new backside today. And because of the fracas at the end of the last game, and the three game double-digit loss streak, it’s going to be embarrassing. I suspect book doesn’t play. Bridges will be on the court, but he will turtle. I expect Ayton to do some damage, if they can get him the ball. Paul will likely be kind of stupid chippy instead of just looking to take advantage of the court time to get his game back in order. And everyone else will shrink. Except maybe damion Lee. He seems like one of the only guys with balls.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose