Suns @ Pelicans Friday Playoff game thread 4-22-2022 - Game 3

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He’s a third year player. He came in with Zion. I watched Hayes as I live in Austin, TX. Kid has unreal athleticism but doesn’t know the intricacies of the game.

That foul on Crowder was dangerous. He put all his might into it.
Yeah I thought he was the rookie that tried to break DAs jaw. My bad. Yeah he def has some skills and athleticism through the roof but if he cant get control of his anger he will be playing for the Siberian Tundra Rats in a few years.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean, I completely agree...but one little nit pick. That's what every athletic big man's issue is in this league. If they all had that Shaq mentality in the lane, most would be unstoppable. That fear holds most of these bigs up nowadays IMO. I guess it's just the nature of the beast. Basketball gods give all that tenacity to the little guys to balance it all out... ;)
That’s fair. Also, because most centers don’t get that many touches compared to Jokic/Embiid, it’s easy to not impose your will if you don’t feel like part of the game when you’re not scoring.

That’s why I respect Giannis. Does he get away with a lot of contact….absolutely. But he plays with a resolve that even if you get him once, he’s coming back at you again and again. He’s relentless. But again, he’s the focal point of the offense.

Sometimes DA can be forgotten when Book has it going. But I will say Book does look for him and I like that he trusts DA because that only breeds more confidence.

Frankly, I like when Book has one of those 23 and 7 games versus 35 and 3 games. Not because he’s not a great scorer, but it makes our team harder to guard when the ball is being shared more.
We’re pretty lucky to have a closer like CP3. This franchise has never really had that, perpetually losing more clutch games than I can even remember at this point because we couldn’t get good shots.

they have to start forcing him left. He ALWAYS goes right and gets to his spot. Need to break that avenue off because he will not be nearly as successful going left.
Agreed with the Ingram piece. McCollum is the same way. They love to go right and shoot over that left shoulder.

Very few guys are proficient at going both ways equally. You know what’s surprising? CJ really isn’t a good free throw shooter and it’s weird because he’s almost 40% from 3. He shoots like 75% but he’s been awful in the playoffs at 61%

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone and their mothers know that Paul is going going to put this team on his back in the 4th, which makes it that much more impressive that he does it so well. You can see teams try to slow him down or stop him but he doesn't care, he's playing chess with how he'll find his spot or get someone else in position to score.

That has to be deflating to watch happen as a Pelicans fan, as well as every other franchise that has fallen victim to him doing that. Kind of glad the Suns sucked throughout his prime so we didn't have to suffer watching him kill us.
Its really amazing to watch. To be perfectly honest I Efing hated CP3 before he was a Sun. I mean not Robert Horry or Pat Beverly hated but still hate.
NOW I get it.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And I don't mind being critical of the team after a win....but inciting each other is just dumb. Just to be clear.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s why I respect Giannis. Does he get away with a lot of contact….absolutely. But he plays with a resolve that even if you get him once, he’s coming back at you again and again. He’s relentless. But again, he’s the focal point of the offense.
I think if Ayton played that relentlessly, he would be too. But, as we've all beaten into existence now, it's just not his personality or demeanor....right now. We shall see if it changes with time..

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like we lost according to a certain poster. You can't win if you're outplayed badly, can you?
Because I had the time I went all the way back to page #57 to see what the fuss was lol. I didn't catch anything offensive during that speed reading session. Not enough to get banned.imo

I will try and keep an eye out on this board as much as I can.;)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Because I had the time I went all the way back to page #57 to see what the fuss was lol. I didn't catch anything offensive during that speed reading session. Not enough to get banned.imo

I will try and keep an eye out on this board as much as I can.;)
I didn’t know that a banning was involved. Missed that part.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is like the Cardinals. Get a score and some momentum and your defense just pukes it right up.... Lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is like the Cardinals. Get a score and some momentum and your defense just pukes it right up.... Lol
There was that sequence where we cut it to four and on three straight trips, we got stops… and gave up offensive rebounds three straight times that led to a layup and two 3s.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose