Suns @ Pelicans Friday game thread 12-9-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns begin a four game road trip.

They will play at the Pelicans on Friday and Sunday.

Suns are 16-9 after being embarrassed by the Celtics while the Pelicans are 16-8. New Orleans is in 1st place in the West.

When: Friday, December 9th, 2022

Television: Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

Time: 6:30 pm Arizona time

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Over under when in the game we get behind by 20? I got first quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some information on the Pelicans injury report.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How could you not after the last two games?
I'm not.

Those games were aberrations. Again nobody can point out why the team played badly - that means there is no good reason to think it will continue.

I'm not necessarily saying we win, they are a very tough matchup for us, but I do expect the Suns to be competitive.

I mean if you listen to people on the board, it seems like everyone somehow believes the team in the last two games is just who the Suns are, like the previous 20 games in the season never happened or something.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Teams virtually never win both ends of a back to back.

My guess is we win tomorrow, playing with some fire after the recent embarrassment, get bulldozed on Sunday.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Teams virtually never win both ends of a back to back.

My guess is we win tomorrow, playing with some fire after the recent embarrassment, get bulldozed on Sunday.
Did you see the Celtics record in back-to-backs? If I remember right, they hadn't lost.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not.

Those games were aberrations. Again nobody can point out why the team played badly - that means there is no good reason to think it will continue.

I'm not necessarily saying we win, they are a very tough matchup for us, but I do expect the Suns to be competitive.

I mean if you listen to people on the board, it seems like everyone somehow believes the team in the last two games is just who the Suns are, like the previous 20 games in the season never happened or something.
Except it’s not the last two games. It’s 3 of four (you forget we fell to an absolutely dreadful rockets team that was doing it’s best to give us the game). And it’s last years playoffs where we were throughly embarrassed by the mavs and taken to task by Pels. It’s all that plus the obvious bad air with Ayton, monty, jae and the contract/injury to cam Johnson. And Paul being a year older and seemingly looking like he’s 10 years older. It’s all of that.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope cp3 book ayton all do better vs pels

Still bit saddened over Celtics emberessing loss

Hope cp3 shows more life this gm....

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not.

I agree, we are a much better team than we've shown recently - not a great team, but a good team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Except it’s not the last two games. It’s 3 of four (you forget we fell to an absolutely dreadful rockets team that was doing it’s best to give us the game). And it’s last years playoffs where we were throughly embarrassed by the mavs and taken to task by Pels. It’s all that plus the obvious bad air with Ayton, monty, jae and the contract/injury to cam Johnson. And Paul being a year older and seemingly looking like he’s 10 years older. It’s all of that.
True, though to be fair we were well in control of that Rockets game and just took our foot off the pedal. I wouldn't necessarily lump that with these last two games where we were just thoroughly outplayed from the tip. We will see with Paul. He has played little enough to not rule out just a slow start.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, though to be fair we were well in control of that Rockets game and just took our foot off the pedal. I wouldn't necessarily lump that with these last two games where we were just thoroughly outplayed from the tip. We will see with Paul. He has played little enough to not rule out just a slow start.
Yeah that Rockets game reminded me of a lot of our games last season. We'd mess around and let a lesser team hang around and then CP3 would come in and dominate for 7 or 8 4th quarter minutes and we'd win fairly easily. We just didn't have 4th quarter CP3. The last two losses though, or at least the way we played in them, don't match what this team has been since the bubble.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah that Rockets game reminded me of a lot of our games last season. We'd mess around and let a lesser team hang around and then CP3 would come in and dominate for 7 or 8 4th quarter minutes and we'd win fairly easily. We just didn't have 4th quarter CP3. The last two losses though, or at least the way we played in them, don't match what this team has been since the bubble.
They do match what we saw in the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do match what we saw in the playoffs.
They match what we saw a couple times in the playoffs but if that's who we are, there's no fixing this roster. We've won a lot of games from the bubble on, hard to accept that our embarrassing performances last postseason and the recent games are indicative of who we are.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Guys on here are really in denial.

This team has real legit issues

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what Suns team will show up tonight.

To begin the game they should play with energy but if they miss shots, I'm not sure if they have anything to keep them from imploding.

I again expect to see Josh Okogie get minutes because of his energy and defense.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope cp3 book ayton all do better vs pels

Still bit saddened over Celtics emberessing loss

Hope cp3 shows more life this gm....
I really don't think they could do worse.

As I said I expect Suns to at least be competitive - of course to be honest I expected the same in the last 2 games as well.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Not to long ago without Booker. Paul will be schooling his kids and grand kids when he is 70

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A decision on whether Jose Alvarado plays will be made after he warms up.

Kira Lewis will be available.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jose Alvarado is available.

OP