Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A look at some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pacers have no pg to facilitate. Sabonis and Turner could be pieces to build around, just the guard play sucks.

Craig is wasting away there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The more I watch him the more I love this kid
It’s becoming very bittersweet.

My biggest hope is that he just becomes a key part of the team that is the razor thin difference between winning and losing a championship.

And if we win it, I’ll be sad to see him go, but I’ll still be so elated over a title that I won’t care all that much.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On to Detroit for an early, 11 a.m. game on Sunday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pistons roll over Raptors tonight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like Craig, but everyone here seems to have forgotten he was a negative in the playoffs. He was just awful. Good regular season player, not a good playoff player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he is actually going to be pretty good.

I think he was just lacking confidence.
He’s an energy and rebounding machine. Once he gets a little more confidence on his shot, he’ll probably be kinda close to that poor man’s Rasheed Wallace guy I’ve been looking for to complete this team.

Obviously not as good as Sheed. But a big guy who can board, play D and hit a three now and then? And so young. Man... how did we not even pick up his option.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s an energy and rebounding machine. Once he gets a little more confidence on his shot, he’ll probably be kinda close to that poor man’s Rasheed Wallace guy I’ve been looking for to complete this team.

Obviously not as good as Sheed. But a big guy who can board, play D and hit a three now and then? And so young. Man... how did we not even pick up his option.

It's like who were the Suns going to sign better for less than $5 million next season.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s not that simple. They f‘d up and can’t pay him what he can likely get elsewhere.
Here's the deal, there are a lot of young players who with be Bird's Rights UFA this summer whose teams may focus more on re-signing them and because Smith isn't putting up Christian Wood DET numbers he may not be getting huge offers so PHX could be in play especially if Smith realizes he is on a pretty good squad and wants to stay here. My concern is PHX not even offering up a contract to him and making no attempt to re-sign him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How? Rhymes with "Starver."
Same Pennywise, pound foolish thinking to skimp on that rookie contract and to give Shamet, a guy who’s been dumped multiple times by others teams a 4 year/43 million dollar deal.

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
Same Pennywise, pound foolish thinking to skimp on that rookie contract and to give Shamet, a guy who’s been dumped multiple times by others teams a 4 year/43 million dollar deal.
I think Jones is the one who's going to have to carry this one on his resume though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Jones is the one who's going to have to carry this one on his resume though.
That’s fair. I’m guessing it was some kind of combo but either way, it blows.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavericks kick the Grizzlies tonight and stop their 11 game winning streak.

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s fair. I’m guessing it was some kind of combo but either way, it blows.

Sarver didn't stop Jones from giving Shamet 10 mil next year. My guess is there is a directive to limit tax spending, but I doubt it was Sarver told Jones not to pick up the 3rd year.

Jones has missed on a number of transactions but it's hard to argue with the overall results.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great w by suns lets get another streak giood gm by book

Keep all my green for mon u know why lol

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver didn't stop Jones from giving Shamet 10 mil next year. My guess is there is a directive to limit tax spending, but I doubt it was Sarver told Jones not to pick up the 3rd year.

Jones has missed on a number of transactions but it's hard to argue with the overall results.
We messed up but I don't think anyone really crossed the line here. I think it's Sarver saying keep costs down where we can, Jones deciding not to pick up the option because to that point Smith had shown almost nothing and Monty failing to give him time at the 4 and 5 spots to develop and show his worth. In each case, I don't think any of the three acted unreasonably but the result is we will lose him for nothing. At this point, I think we just look at him as a one year rental for a run at a championship.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't believe it was on Jones at all. Jones drafted him and had every incentive to make that pick look good, particularly because it was controversial that we passed on Halliburton. I don't see Jones throwing in the towel on Smith that quickly unless he was directed to do so... by you know who.

I also think the Shamet signing was a pretext to either not giving Ayton a full extension and/or not extending Cam Johnson, both of whom will be more costly. We'll see how that plays out, but I am dubious.

Pray that the NBA turns up enough evidence to get Sarver removed, or hear me now and believe me later, the Suns will be back to irrelevant within four years with that clown running the show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose