Suns @ Pacers Friday game thread 1-14-2022

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe it was on Jones at all. Jones drafted him and had every incentive to make that pick look good, particularly because it was controversial that we passed on Halliburton. I don't see Jones throwing in the towel on Smith that quickly unless he was directed to do so... by you know who.

I also think the Shamet signing was a pretext to either not giving Ayton a full extension and/or not extending Cam Johnson, both of whom will be more costly. We'll see how that plays out, but I am dubious.

Pray that the NBA turns up enough evidence to get Sarver removed, or hear me now and believe me later, the Suns will be back to irrelevant within four years with that clown running the show.
I think if Monty and JJ wanted to extend Smith, we'd have done so. But if you're right and Sarver is making those kind of decisions against input from those two guys, then yeah, we'll be in a lot of trouble soon if Sarver isn't ousted.

JJ isn't Elgin Baylor, he's raised his profile enough throughout the league that I can't see him putting up with much more of Sarver's interference (if that's what's going on). He'll have better options elsewhere and so will Monty if Sarver is still pulling the crap he did before those two supposedly became the primary basketball decision makers.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I really don’t like Shamet
He’s just not a very good basketball
Player right now.

Better athlete than I expected but doesn’t translate his offense into either consistent offense or defense.

When he dribbles he does so meaninglessly. He goes nowhere.

And his shot is too streaky for a guy that’s supposed to be a shooter. He misses wide open threes too often.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Still no changing the fact that Mikal is the #1 disappointment for the season. How do we get him going??
Yup. Whether it’s the finger or something else he’s regressed offensively more than any sun I can ever recall. Really a bad issue.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting reading these threads the morning after.

Ayton bad
Ayton good
Trade Crowder
Crowder good
Trade Mikal
Trade Shamet
Stix can do no wrong

Sometimes it's the same poster. The emotions of the game as it flows.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting reading these threads the morning after.

Ayton bad
Ayton good
Trade Crowder
Crowder good
Trade Mikal
Trade Shamet
Stix can do no wrong

Sometimes it's the same poster. The emotions of the game as it flows.
Yeah there's an incredible amount of overreaction in the game day threads and it influences comments in other threads. From some of the posts you'd never know we were at the top of the league and having one of our best seasons ever.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah there's an incredible amount of overreaction in the game day threads and it influences comments in other threads. From some of the posts you'd never know we were at the top of the league and having one of our best seasons ever.

Game threads are war I tell ya.

I enjoy them because there is such a swing in emotion. They are only a snapshot in time.

I imagine them as a bunch of guys sitting in the living room watching a football game with emotions swinging back and forth on almost every play.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty much the story of last night's game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bobster

All Star
Reaction score
It is too bad the Suns didn't help Ayton get 30 or 40 points because he played so well. He outplayed Sabonis.
I'm as big a fan as anybody - but you have one goal. Win the game. When you start thinking about padding stats "me" starts becoming a priority at the expense of "we".

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm as big a fan as anybody - but you have one goal. Win the game. When you start thinking about padding stats "me" starts becoming a priority at the expense of "we".

As a general philosophy I agree but Ayton is not a stat stuffer. It would have been easy to give him a couple more looks as the game was won.

I wasn't sure if he had ever scored 30 points in a game but after looking it up he had a high of 33 points in 2018-19 and 31 points in 2019-20 so he had already been there and done that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That wouldn’t have been the case. We are just talking about continuing to go to Ayton which was clearly working. It wouldn’t have necessarily detracted from winning game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As a general philosophy I agree but Ayton is not a stat stuffer. It would have been easy to give him a couple more looks as the game was won.

I wasn't sure if he had ever scored 30 points in a game but after looking it up he had a high of 33 points in 2018-19 and 31 points in 2019-20 so he had already been there and done that.
Pretty amazing that the #1 pick in the draft only has two 30+ games midway through his 4th season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty amazing that the #1 pick in the draft only has two 30+ games midway through his 4th season.

It is surprising but I was thinking Ayton might not have any until I looked it up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr