Suns Off-season Thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, the problem is I believe he's very content with his role there. He gives them veteran leadership and seems to be fairly popular. At almost 30M he's well overpaid but it's the last year of his contract so I doubt they give away assets in search of someone willing to pick up that salary.
Which is why I don't think Cleveland would want to trade him, I think he is actually more valuable than Crowder.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the trade I would prefer for Crowder, but it's a trade I could live with if that's the best available option.

Suns might be better off sitting Crowder until he is willing to play or better trade options become available.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not the trade I would prefer for Crowder, but it's a trade I could live with if that's the best available option.

Suns might be better off sitting Crowder until he is willing to play or better trade options become available.

What are some of the possible better trade options?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are some of the possible better trade options?

Here are some other trade options that were listed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some other trade options that were listed.

I would do either Love or Heild deal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why the Cavaliers trade Love but the Hield trade appears doable.
I just can’t believe they’re going into this season without making any material addition to the team while losing two big role players and at the very worst, great depth and glue guys.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d do the Love trade in a heartbeat

I’m good with Hield to but I’d rather have love

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can’t believe they’re going into this season without making any material addition to the team while losing two big role players and at the very worst, great depth and glue guys.

It makes me wonder if the sale of the team has an impact on what moves the Suns can make.

The team they have today is not enough to win it all.

They need to strengthen the team in a couple of places, guard and forward.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know why the Cavaliers trade Love but the Hield trade appears doable.
Sure, he is overpaid, and basically just a one dimensional spot up shooter.

Not much different than Duncan Robinson really.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d do the Love trade in a heartbeat

I’m good with Hield to but I’d rather have love
Of course, that's why it's not a real deal.

I say we wait till the deadline and get Harrison Barnes. There is a 99% chance he will be available then, because we all know Sacremento is not going to be in the playoff hunt by then.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest difference to me the last two seasons? The Suns had an element of toughness we have not seen in over a decade. The Suns were notorious for being small, quick and fun to watch. Being ”tough” was not part of our identity.

We are about to be down the two guys that IMO brought that more than any other players on the team.

I am not going to be shocked one bit if this team is tissue soft this year. I hope not. I am hoping some of the other players can step up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest difference to me the last two seasons? The Suns had an element of toughness we have not seen in over a decade. The Suns were notorious for being small, quick and fun to watch. Being ”tough” was not part of our identity.

We are about to be down the two guys that IMO brought that more than any other players on the team.

I am not going to be shocked one bit if this team is tissue soft this year. I hope not. I am hoping some of the other players can step up.
Yeah… I think this is gonna be like the year where we got rid of KT and just decided to go small all the time with worse depth. That team still had a good record, but it was clear they were feasting on bad teams and losing to the good ones and things had gotten stale.

And that’s why they did the Shaq trade. And I’m betting we’re gonna see the same type of season this year, only instead of trading Marion mid-season, it’s gonna be Ayton.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

People have said it already, Booker and Paul are tough...............Ish and Biyombo Tough. Johnson and Bridges are Smart. Now if Ayton plays like some of us hope the Suns will not miss those two one dimentional players.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At this point Id trade Jae Crowder for a bowl of Clam Chowder if it meant it would be over and id never have to hear about it again.
If we get an offer and the player is taller than Crowder OR doesn't have a Twitter account that's a win, pull the trigger.
Crowder and Javale were awesome for us but they are hardly irreplaceable.

So replace them and lets get rolling.

Er forgot Javale has been replaced already by a hungry mob of big dudes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point Id trade Jae Crowder for a bowl of Clam Chowder if it meant it would be over and id never have to hear about it again.
If we get an offer and the player is taller than Crowder OR doesn't have a Twitter account that's a win, pull the trigger.
Crowder and Javale were awesome for us but they are hardly irreplaceable.

So replace them and lets get rolling.

Er forgot Javale has been replaced already by a hungry mob of big dudes.

Maybe you are overvaluing the market for Jae Crowder.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People have said it already, Booker and Paul are tough...............Ish and Biyombo Tough. Johnson and Bridges are Smart. Now if Ayton plays like some of us hope the Suns will not miss those two one dimentional players.
Booker and Paul are tenacious but they are not in the same category as McGee or Crowder and tough. Nor can they body up and get physically nasty like enforcers like those two guys. Not the same thing IMO.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IDK if it was mentioned earlier, so I apologize in advance. What I am hearing is Crowder was told his role this season was coming off the bench because they are moving Cam J into the starting rotation. This explains the mysterious tweet earlier about embracing change. I guess he or his agent thought about it, and in business terms he's probably only got one more good contract coming, so you don't want to hit that free agent market having played reduced minutes, stats, etc. I think this is purely a business decision by Jae. His agent must feel there's a team out there willing to give Jae starters minutes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK if it was mentioned earlier, so I apologize in advance. What I am hearing is Crowder was told his role this season was coming off the bench because they are moving Cam J into the starting rotation. This explains the mysterious tweet earlier about embracing change. I guess he or his agent thought about it, and in business terms he's probably only got one more good contract coming, so you don't want to hit that free agent market having played reduced minutes, stats, etc. I think this is purely a business decision by Jae. His agent must feel there's a team out there willing to give Jae starters minutes.

There was talk of Jae Crowder being traded back in June around draft time. So if it's a business decision, it's taking a long time to get it done.

It appears no team is knocking down the door to get him, unless it's for less than fair value.

From reports, it appears the Heat have genuine interest, but who wants to take on Duncan Robinson's remaining $75 million contract?