Suns Off-season Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Suns. They lost A role player and kept their core intact. So far.

Except the Suns weren't champions, they need to build a team to make them champions or overcome the champs. I don't believe they have that now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns could lessen their vulnerability if they add a playmaker that can shoot from outside and a 3/4 that can defend when their centers are drawn away from the basket.

We are going to see teams using the same strategy applied by the Pelicans and Mavericks in the playoffs.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Is there in gas in the tank of free agent Blake Griffin? I think he's only 32 year old. He played with Chris Paul as a Clipper so they are familiar with each other. Just asking

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Except the Suns weren't champions, they need to build a team to make them champions or overcome the champs. I don't believe they have that now.
Sun could have beat the Warriors if they wanted too. But they went on strike last year..............HA

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Suns could lessen their vulnerability if they add a playmaker that can shoot from outside and a 3/4 that can defend when their centers are drawn away from the basket.

We are going to see teams using the same strategy applied by the Pelicans and Mavericks in the playoffs.
Mainstreet you got the connections. Make those calls to the Suns front office. Haha

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there in gas in the tank of free agent Blake Griffin? I think he's only 32 year old. He played with Chris Paul as a Clipper so they are familiar with each other. Just asking

Paul and Griffin didn't get along that well. Maybe they've grown but I'm not sure. He wouldn't be awful but I'd prefer they try and make a trade of some sort instead.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
If I called James Jones he would be like.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Now I remember you said that you had to call James Jones and Frank Kaminsky before. So that's connections. Haha

Last edited:

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Paul and Griffin didn't get along that well. Maybe they've grown but I'm not sure. He wouldn't be awful but I'd prefer they try and make a trade of some sort instead.
Wow didn't know they didn't get along. But as time passes people sometimes change and put their differences aside. He would sign a veteran's minimum probably. Just a thought anyways.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If it's a matter of rolling with what we have, or adding Blake as well, I'd definitely add him. That said, I'm sure CP will be the ultimate judge on this one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow didn't know they didn't get along. But as time passes people sometimes change and put their differences aside. He would sign a veteran's minimum probably. Just a thought anyways.

As many years as Chris Paul has played, there are always going to be some quarrels with other players.

Hopefully time heals some of the problems.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many former players swear by Chris Paul but he's an incredibly intense competitor and he wears thin on some of his teammates over time. Watching him I'd say he's definitely mellowed over the years but certain kinds of players probably still tire of dealing with him. We're lucky to have him but he doesn't come without some baggage.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
As many years as Chris Paul has played, there are always going to be some quarrels with other players.

Hopefully time heals some of the problems.
Yeah The Big Picture is all that matters. Like I think Shaq & Kobe realize what they could have done had they stayed together. A lot more or a least one more championship together.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As the free agent market dries up, or even if the Suns make a trade, Phoenix could do worse than adding LaMarcus Aldridge.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure their relationship is mended. I remember a video last year where Griffin was complimenting Paul.

I don't even remember Chris Paul bad-mouthing Patrick Beverley after the 2021-22 playoffs when he was shoved to the floor.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you guys remember when we had Taylor Griffin? Also Seth Curry. Unfortunately we had both Morri.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been roaming the world of Twitter replies. We know how reliable that is, however, I have to ask.

Did Gambo say or hint the Jazz want two first round picks for Bojan Bogdanovic?

I don't know if there is any truth to it, or if it is speculation, but... no way.

I'd rather keep Jae Crowder.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've been roaming the world of Twitter replies. We know how reliable that is, however, I have to ask.

I don't know if there is any truth to it, or if it is speculation, but... no way.

Bojan isn’t really that good. He’s a nice piece off the bench but more than 1 first lol good luck.

If we run it back with the same team this window is closed

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jazz got overpaid for Gobert and perhaps even Royce O'Neal. Royce probably has similar value to Jae on the open market and got Utah a 1st from Brooklyn.

It wouldn't surprise me if Utah was asking for 2 1sts from Phoenix because we're a contender and those picks are likely to be end of the 1st picks but a middling or bad team could probably get him for a single 1st. Not that I think the Suns should cave but I can kind of see the logic for Utah.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As I said in my previous post, Crowders season last year was outside the norm, on average Bogdanovich is the better player, and on Offense much much better.

Crowder also seems to have mentally moved on, so I am really not sure that is even an option.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said in my previous post, Crowders season last year was outside the norm, on average Bogdanovich is the better player, and on Offense much much better.

Crowder also seems to have mentally moved on, so I am really not sure that is even an option.

Trading Jae Crowder and two first round picks for a 33-year-old forward on an expiring is a huge reach.

The last thing the Suns should do is a panic trade. There will be trade opportunities up until the trade deadline.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Trading Jae Crowder and two first round picks for a 33-year-old forward on an expiring is a huge reach.

The last thing the Suns should do is a panic trade. There will be trade opportunities up until the trade deadline.
Yeah, but panic trades might up Jones’ off-season grade around here.