Suns @ Nuggets Sunday Playoff game thread 6-13-2021 - Game 4

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching Highly Questionable on espn. The silver haired puss looking guy says Payne flopped on the jokic hit.

Cmon his nose and jaw got rocked. Everyone takes head injuries different, to call that acting is just bs.

people are overlooking the seriousness of the foul

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh... Let it go 7. Feel free to beat up on each other.
Yup let other team players get exhausted before seeing 7 seconds suns!!! Im beyond happy today bayless is hilarious today sharpe also on sweep jokic ejected lol

Watched highlights like 15 times honestly wasnt a flagernt 2 imo jokic just full speed gorrila arms lol.... he is an amazing player porter killed nuggets

Amazing fun day

Sign paul to whatever contract he wants he deserves it best suns since nash barkley chambers!!

Just wow!!

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Barkley is one-of-kind in many ways but not the same in this way. Charles doesn’t make the Nash/Warner category for me because although he went to the finals, he was subsequently part of two horrid losses to Houston that were his actual best chances at a title, and then went to Houston (and didn’t win there). He says he didn’t chase a ring now but at the time he called Houston his “first priority.”

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/07/0...didnt-force-trade-to-rockets-is-full-of-crap/

People may have thought he was past his prime when he came to the Suns but I don’t remember that, and the fact remains that there were great expectations. I think people were thrilled with the Nash signing because he was coming back, and while there was hope, he exceeded expectations quickly.

The Warner signing had serious doubters and for good reason, especially because many had watched the Cards D end his starting job with the Giants. Plus journeyman QBs were what the Cardinals always did back then. I always throw in with whoever comes to my team, and I was happy to cheer for KW because I was living in NY and thought he’d been a class act. But if you told me he’d have a lead until the last play of the Super Bowl and win another playoff classic against GB afterwards…well it wouldn’t have been my guess.

CP3’s story is still being written. I admit I was worried about the contract and haven’t been a fan of the banana boat crew for the most part. But look at where we are.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of Love for the Suns and fans here...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I just find that guy annoying. Always philosophizing like he is the wisest guy on the planet and always talking about himself.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s amazing

And it's why I think the Nuggets would have had a hard time even if healthy. The games would have been closer but Murray isn't putting the clamps on anyone and even with Dozier the Suns still would have gotten favorable matchups whenever they wanted. Whenever the Suns needed a bucket they either would force MPJ to switch or put Jokic in the pnr.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Barkley peaked his first year with us during his MVP 92-93 season.

Yup. the next two years, he kinda "LeBron'd" it where you'd really only see the old Barkley for bursts in a game, but not extended... until the playoffs. His first 6 games or so in both 94/95, he was a beast. 40+ point games, a 56 point game... and then he hurt his back in the first Houston series and dragged for the last four games and same in the 95 Houston series at the end of the series. I remember Game 6 in Houston, he was MVP Barkley in the first half, had something like 27 points at halftime and we were winning. Then, in the second half, he came down awkwardly on Mario Elie and busted his knee. Did nothing for the rest of the game and then labored BAD in Game 7.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yup. the next two years, he kinda "LeBron'd" it where you'd really only see the old Barkley for bursts in a game, but not extended... until the playoffs. His first 6 games or so in both 94/95, he was a beast. 40+ point games, a 56 point game... and then he hurt his back in the first Houston series and dragged for the last four games and same in the 95 Houston series at the end of the series. I remember Game 6 in Houston, he was MVP Barkley in the first half, had something like 27 points at halftime and we were winning. Then, in the second half, he came down awkwardly on Mario Elie and busted his knee. Did nothing for the rest of the game and then labored BAD in Game 7.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

through six minutes of that video, Barkley is just CRUSHING everyone thrown his way. That play where he split the double team, weaved through traffic and powered in a two handed dunk was sick. He was going to win that game and series that night before he got injured.

sucks.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
through six minutes of that video, Barkley is just CRUSHING everyone thrown his way. That play where he split the double team, weaved through traffic and powered in a two handed dunk was sick. He was going to win that game and series that night before he got injured.

sucks.

On the other side of that video is Hakeem still on the Rockets staff or can he go back to coaching any player he wants? Would love for Ayton to spend time in the lab with him this offseason.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Barkley peaked his first year with us during his MVP 92-93 season.
Barkley habitually came into camp out of shape. Poor conditioning leads to other injuries. Eventually Barkley had back problems. We are now seeing the same thing with Harden and his hamstrings.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People may have thought he was past his prime when he came to the Suns but I don’t remember that, and the fact remains that there were great expectations. I think people were thrilled with the Nash signing because he was coming back, and while there was hope, he exceeded expectations quickly.

The Warner signing had serious doubters and for good reason, especially because many had watched the Cards D end his starting job with the Giants. Plus journeyman QBs were what the Cardinals always did back then. I always throw in with whoever comes to my team, and I was happy to cheer for KW because I was living in NY and thought he’d been a class act. But if you told me he’d have a lead until the last play of the Super Bowl and win another playoff classic against GB afterwards…well it wouldn’t have been my guess.

CP3’s story is still being written. I admit I was worried about the contract and haven’t been a fan of the banana boat crew for the most part. But look at where we are.

I was a little familiar with Charles Barkley as a college player but back then we didn't get a lot of East Coast NBA games during the regular season so I have no idea if he was on his way down or not. I just know I've heard him say that he'd been in decline his last year or so in Philly. I think he also said he'd learned to play (or was learning to play) smarter to compensate for some physical decline. He'd also cut down on the power slams and unnecessary leaping to save his body as much as he could.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a little familiar with Charles Barkley as a college player but back then we didn't get a lot of East Coast NBA games during the regular season so I have no idea if he was on his way down or not. I just know I've heard him say that he'd been in decline his last year or so in Philly. I think he also said he'd learned to play (or was learning to play) smarter to compensate for some physical decline. He'd also cut down on the power slams and unnecessary leaping to save his body as much as he could.

Barkley, early in his career, was a force of nature . When he got the ball and stormed down court full speed and then absolutely hammered down a dunk, it was breathtaking. Guys just didn't get in his way for their own health.

Of course, rarely got to watch him. It was highlights on sports, the rare network game and then the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Olajuwon was so insanely good.

yeah. That’s the other takeaway from that video. He was FILTHY. Could do almost anything in the half court on offense save shoot the three. His ability to stop on a dime, shake, turn around... just incredible.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah. That’s the other takeaway from that video. He was FILTHY. Could do almost anything in the half court on offense save shoot the three. His ability to stop on a dime, shake, turn around... just incredible.

I am not calling him the greatest center ever, but he was my favorite to watch. Nobody like his style and what a story.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Olajuwon was so insanely good.

I remember an interview with Jordan where he was glad he never had to face Hakeem in the finals. He said he has answers for virtually everyone else except Hakeem. Apparently Olajuwon didn't take to trash talking either and would often laugh it off on the court when someone would try and get under his skin that way.

He was before his time and could do anything on both ends of the floor. The only mark against him, IMO, is he should have been more selfish offensively. He seemed to defer a lot more than he had to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave