Suns @ Nuggets Friday Playoff game thread 6-11-2021 - Game 3

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know you think that. But it is going to cost that Suns fan a lot of money, and maybe even some jail time. That's my guess.

From the accounts I'm reading, the Utah fan instigated the altercation by pouring beer on the Suns fan (assault), then threw the first punch, it being a sucker punch. If this is true, easy self defense judgment in the eyes of the law. I think the Utah fan is actually at greater risk of facing legal action, but a court probably washes its hands of this incident.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
If those Utah fans actually started it, the attempt to deliver a flying sucker punch from that guy would have sent many a man into overdrive in response so I can't really fault him.
True. It's hard to know how any of us would handle it in the moment. I'm not going to take sides either but my guess is the Suns fan wasn't totally innocent in this. He may have been celebrating over the top and rubbing it in.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a joke?

Dario could of gotten 15 boards? Has Dario ever gotten 15 in his career?

he gets 15 rebounds and is great on the glass and it’s bitch that he should of had 25 lol

Okay, I just couldn't resist. Dario had two 17 rebound games last season against the Nuggets and Spurs.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True. It's hard to know how any of us would handle it in the moment. I'm not going to take sides either but my guess is the Suns fan wasn't totally innocent in this. He may have been celebrating over the top and rubbing it in.
I agree with the fact that from the video the Nuggets fan started it, threw a sucker punch too. I have no problem saying fighting back was warranted. But when the video goes to court and it will, that last punch will be deemed excessive and the raising of hands in celebration at the end by the Suns fan is going to cost him a lot of dough.

People get into fights like this and the legal consequences follow them for years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with the fact that from the video the Nuggets fan started it, threw a sucker punch too. I have no problem saying fighting back was warranted. But when the video goes to court and it will, that last punch will be deemed excessive and the raising of hands in celebration at the end by the Suns fan is going to cost him a lot of dough.

People get into fights like this and the legal consequences follow them for years.
Yup. Physically fighting anyone as an adult in a society is maybe one of the stupidest things in the world. Comes in second to actually picking or starting said physical confrontation in the first place.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the accounts I'm reading, the Utah fan instigated the altercation by pouring beer on the Suns fan (assault), then threw the first punch, it being a sucker punch. If this is true, easy self defense judgment in the eyes of the law. I think the Utah fan is actually at greater risk of facing legal action, but a court probably washes its hands of this incident.

At least for the beer part of it, one has to ask themselves is it worth having a criminal record by retaliating.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Physically fighting anyone as an adult in a society is maybe one of the stupidest things in the world. Comes in second to actually picking or starting said physical confrontation in the first place.

Agreed but I'd say it was a distant second. There is no time in my life where I would have behaved like either party involved in this incident but if this guy was verbally abused, drenched with a beverage and then sneak-attacked after being told it was over, I can understand his reaction. At least up until the post-beating celebration.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At least for the beer part of it, one has to ask themselves is it worth having a criminal record by retaliating.
We had to fire a guy bc he had a record from a fight that occurred 9 years ago. Not bc we wanted to fire him, but bc a broker dealer wouldn’t clear him to operate on their platform. So yeah, carrying that record can be a real beast of unintended consequences.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed but I'd say it was a distant second. There is no time in my life where I would have behaved like either party involved in this incident but if this guy was verbally abused, drenched with a beverage and then sneak-attacked after being told it was over, I can understand his reaction. At least up until the post-beating celebration.
I don’t disagree. And sometimes you literally cannot avoid it if they’ve cornered you and you need to defend yourself or others. But 95% of the time there’s an alternative route to non-physical violence.

for instance, if you were doused by beer, and those sitting around you would be witnesses, I’m pretty sure those knuckleheads would be tossed by security.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
More details about the fan fight have come out:

https://kdvr.com/news/local/video-fight-between-nuggets-and-suns-fans-goes-viral/

The fan who shot the video, @cbj3000, said in the tweet that the two Nuggets fans were leaving when the Suns fan waved bye to them and yelled “Suns in 4!”

The Nuggets fans got up to leave, stopped, turned back and dumped a beer on the Suns fan’s head, the fan said in the tweet.

The Nuggets fan threw a punch at the Suns fan and the Suns fan grabbed the Nuggets fan. He pulled his head down and continued punching him.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
See. When the Suns fans wife divorces him, she shows this video to the judge and bye bye kids. This is the kind of stuff I deal with all the time. I get to try to help people after they ha e made such messes.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BTW no arrests were made and bowl cut guy didn't want to press charges

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry but this is the finals. Booker not showing up is beyond unacceptable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose