Suns @ Nuggets Friday Playoff game thread 6-11-2021 - Game 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get really high and really mad during a game. Usually remain high after wins. Gotten good at letting go after losses. Have learned to control outbursts with my boys around.

same for all of the above sans the last sentence which will be put to the test Sunday. That said, I’ve sacrificed multiple 1st halves of this playoff run being smashed in the face with water repeatedly by niece in the pool, entertaining her so my mom and dad can spend a little time with her and other brother watching outside since they can’t come in the house right now.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shout at the TV during Suns, Cards games. I hoop and cheer when we have a great play. Drives my wife nuts.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I haven't watched any of the Suns playoff games - none. I can't take it when they play bad, ref makes, misses bad calls, game gets close, etc. I try to follow the game on ESPN Gamecast. That way, I am up to date with what's going on (score, etc.), but am not actually watching anything, so don't get near as upset anymore. If it gets too bad, I move to another screen and surf to something else.
Then, I will periodically check back to see how the game is going.

Trying to keep my blood pressure down some.:)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It looks like the Nuggets are considering going bigger against the Suns in Game 3.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I thought it was a mistake when the Lakers went away from Drummond and quit playing Harrell as much and went with Gasol mostly. Drummond and Harrell were killing us on the glass. Gasol was a liability on defense and the boards. Pretty sure the Laker coach is gone....

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I haven't watched any of the Suns playoff games - none. I can't take it when they play bad, ref makes, misses bad calls, game gets close, etc. I try to follow the game on ESPN Gamecast. That way, I am up to date with what's going on (score, etc.), but am not actually watching anything, so don't get near as upset anymore. If it gets too bad, I move to another screen and surf to something else.

I don't turn a game on unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to be up to the stress and misery. But once it's on, I'm hooked, even if they get routed. I've watched about half of this year's playoff games so far. Like you, I follow the others, but it's easier to maintain a psychological distance when it's just numbers updating every so often.

I watched almost every game of the 1993 run, but had a conflict for Finals Game 6. I remember turning on ESPN when I got home and seeing 99-98 scroll quietly across the bottom of the screen.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shout at the TV during Suns, Cards games. I hoop and cheer when we have a great play. Drives my wife nuts.

I def do all that. I can get real excited and also frustrated by post game, its mostly gone unless its excitement.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta weather the initial storm Denver throws at us tonight.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Process those Nuggets and form them into the shape of an L! GO SUNS!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game will likely go how Ayton's fouls go.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The Joker is likely to go off tonight... Could be a 40 point, 20 rebound type game. Ayton MUST stay out of foul trouble and simply be what he's been in every playoff game he's played thus far. The rest will take care of itself.
But if Ayton disappears tonight, either due to foul trouble, or god forbid he reverts to bad Ayton and turtles up, the Nuggets would likely grab their first W.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The staring lineup may not change for Nuggets afterall. I guess we will know more near game time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is the pattern, especially with the Nuggets. The Suns D makes the other team really work to score, in this case Jokic. The Joker is highly skilled, but he is not a physical freak or an endurance athlete. He runs out of gas near the end of the third quarter, but he has to be on the floor for that team to function. His fatigue is their achilles heal.

Yes, keeping the game close is the key and try to win at the end.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that's easier said than done playing in Denver's altitude. We need to do our best not to let it come down the end of the game and smack them hard coming out the gate.

Of course this is preferable but I expect the Nuggets to be charged up tonight. They will try to blow the Suns out early.

Players seem to get acclimated to the altitude as the game goes on. The Suns bench may be needed early.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
same for all of the above sans the last sentence which will be put to the test Sunday. That said, I’ve sacrificed multiple 1st halves of this playoff run being smashed in the face with water repeatedly by niece in the pool, entertaining her so my mom and dad can spend a little time with her and other brother watching outside since they can’t come in the house right now.
I had planned to continue to smash you in the face with water . . . no?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought it was a mistake when the Lakers went away from Drummond and quit playing Harrell as much and went with Gasol mostly. Drummond and Harrell were killing us on the glass. Gasol was a liability on defense and the boards. Pretty sure the Laker coach is gone....

I sure thought they’d play Trez and THT at the same time. Two high energy guys who just find a nack to score on us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I sure thought they’d play Trez and THT at the same time. Two high energy guys who just find a nack to score on us.
I was surprised they didn’t play those two more as well. Their eyes tend to light up with the suns.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose