Suns @ Nuggets Friday 10-25-19 game thread

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How could you possibly know this? The only thing stopping him from being an all star the last 2 years has been a losing record and amazing guard depth in the west (if his team was winning or he was in the east he would have been an all star already). Who is to say that the coaches that vote for the reserves weren't strongly considering Booker for the all star game?
Lol in one breath you say “how could you possibly know...” and in the next you state definitively “if his team was winning or he was in the east he would have been an all star already“ - the hypocrisy runs strong in this one!

At the end of the day we all only know actual facts - booker has neither been voted as an all-star by the fans not chosen as an all-star. Thus, all we really know is that beyond our hopes that he’s an all-star, thus far in his career he’s not.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Lol in one breath you say “how could you possibly know...” and in the next you state definitively “if his team was winning or he was in the east he would have been an all star already“ - the hypocrisy runs strong in this one!

At the end of the day we all only know actual facts - booker has neither been voted as an all-star by the fans not chosen as an all-star. Thus, all we really know is that beyond our hopes that he’s an all-star, thus far in his career he’s not.
It may seem that way, but it's easy to see it. The east is starved for talent, thus anyone putting up 26/7 is getting into the all star game in that conference. Also anyone putting up 26/7 on a winning team is getting in the all star game in the west. He's just had the misfortune of having both of those obstacles.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So you quoted the fan votes to prove me wrong? The fans only vote in the starters and the coaches vote in the reserves and you have no way of knowing what their thoughts were on him. All I know is that Booker seems to be much more highly regarded by other players and coaches than he typically is from fans. Also like I said he was competing in a stacked western conference where there are at least a couple worthy players every year that get snubbed.

Let's not kid ourselves if Booker was even playing on a poor eastern conference team the last couple years he would already have been an all-star.

First let me apologize, I swear I’m not trying to pick on you. But the bolded statement has me laughing. We don’t know their thoughts on him other than the fact that they did not vote him in as an all-star (dunno about the rest of you, but that kinda tells me what they think of him).

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
First let me apologize, I swear I’m not trying to pick on you. But the bolded statement has me laughing. We don’t know their thoughts on him other than the fact that they did not vote him in as an all-star (dunno about the rest of you, but that kinda tells me what they think of him).
I am saying there is no way he can know that they aren't considering him. Obviously he hasn't been voted in as there is a lot of talent in the west and he has been on a losing team making it almost impossible for him to get in over other great players on winning teams. That doesn't mean that they aren't at least considering him for a spot and he may even be getting some votes from the coaches as well, but ultimately his circumstances in the last couple years have made it extremely unlikely for him to actually get in.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One reason I think Booker is at an All-Star level, or near it, despite not getting in is how the media latched onto him as the difference maker that didn't go to the World Cup. I know the criteria has changed when selecting players for Team USA but with how quickly the sports media went from "Team USA needs more stars!" this summer to "Team USA doesn't lose these games if Devin Booker went, like he was supposed to!" says he's viewed as a star by most of the basketball world. His time will come to be an All-Star but I think it's safe to say that he is a star.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am saying there is no way he can know that they aren't considering him. Obviously he hasn't been voted in as there is a lot of talent in the west and he has been on a losing team making it almost impossible for him to get in over other great players on winning teams. That doesn't mean that they aren't at least considering him for a spot and he may even be getting some votes from the coaches as well, but ultimately his circumstances in the last couple years have made it extremely unlikely for him to actually get in.
Go back and reread your posts. You were saying he would’ve been, not that he was considered. And of course he was likely (again, it’s likely, but even that’s conjecture without actual knowledge) considered. But what we DO know - really the only thing we know - about his being an all star is that he wasn’t voted one.

btw - tonight he played like one!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
One reason I think Booker is at an All-Star level, or near it, despite not getting in is how the media latched onto him as the difference maker that didn't go to the World Cup. I know the criteria has changed when selecting players for Team USA but with how quickly the sports media went from "Team USA needs more stars!" this summer to "Team USA doesn't lose these games if Devin Booker went, like he was supposed to!" says he's viewed as a star by most of the basketball world. His time will come to be an All-Star but I think it's safe to say that he is a star.
That and the way that other players, coaches and GMs talk about him. He is always talked about with very high regard from all of those people, but just hasn't been on a good team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Go back and reread your posts. You were saying he would’ve been, not that he was considered. And of course he was likely (again, it’s likely, but even that’s conjecture without actual knowledge) considered. But what we DO know - really the only thing we know - about his being an all star is that he wasn’t voted one.

btw - tonight he played like one!
And him not being voted does not suggest that he wasn't considered. That was my point in the first place. As to whether or not he would have made it on a winning team or in the east, sure that may not be something I can prove, but it sure seems like something that is very easy to deduct based on some of the players that made those teams instead of him.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All Book needed was to return to his natural position
of Shooting Guard (and a decent distributing one
at that).

Now he can take the extra effort he had to exert
to bring the ball up the court on most offensive
sets and devote that to upgrading his defense.

Which he has already begun to show, after only
a few games

He was not only on a bad team, he was on a
dysfunctional team, in terns of position assignments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARDS211