Suns: NBA Summer League 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Zion is putting on a show but if you are watching it he has been blocked 3 times which is something I was wondering would happen as he adjusts to NBA life, he really needs to fix his shooting if he wants to be a star he can't shoot so slow and flat in the NBA

If only what had could have been for the Suns.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Oh boy, the hot takes of summer league.

Not trying to pick on you Yuma but every season there are some wild statements made about what is generally an exhibition tournament with a level of play so terrible that it is almost impossible to project anything from.

I swear, I should go back through Summer Leagues of year's gone by. Kelly Olynuk had locked up rookie of the year by halftime of his first summer league game according to one poster, Kevin Knox was the steal of the draft last year, Trevon Duval was going to make CP3 expendable.

And of course, our own future stud, Dionte Christmas.
What's really bad is when they SUCK in Summer League. It's almost a relief for teams like Chicago when a Coby White looks good against this level of competition.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's really bad is when they SUCK in Summer League. It's almost a relief for teams like Chicago when a Coby White looks good against this level of competition.

Ball dominating players tend to look good in summer league, guys who play off the ball tend to not look so hot because there are so many ball hogs out there desperate for attention.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't watch the game but White was 6-18 (0-7 from 3 point range) and only had 3 assists against the Lakers.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Watching Minnesota and ATL right now, Hunter hasn't looked to good in this one , Josh okogie looks like a player primed for a breakout year though, we should have traded for him and 11 for #6

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also not sure if mentioned but taco fall looked impressive his 1st gm think 11 pts 2 rebounds 1 block not bad for a undrafted rookie

I think if fall spends some time in dleague he could be a decent player

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was silly for that guy to go undrafted. He has more mobility than Boban.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crazy how he doesn't look 7'7", like how some big/tall guys are look disproportionate, Fall looks like a normal person just scaled up. Not sure if that makes any sense.

But it's amazing how he can just stand there from the "charge/blocking" line and dunk it, almost a standing dunk.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah it blows my mind Fall goes undrafted. How is there not a spot for that guy an an nba floor?

Not many guys have the confidence or the skill to go all the way to the rack with that guy standing there. Not to mention most teams dont even carey a big these days that can keep him from easy layups

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I swear, I should go back through Summer Leagues of year's gone by. Kelly Olynuk had locked up rookie of the year by halftime of his first summer league game according to one poster, Kevin Knox was the steal of the draft last year, Trevon Duval was going to make CP3 expendable.

I proclaimed Kris Dunn as ROY based on his summer league play a few years ago.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Let's take on the whole empire! Whoever loses have to overturn their government!

;)

No seriously I hope Okobo sits so somebody else can get the PG minutes. Lecque for 20!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Lecque with the crazy change of direction in mid air dunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This China team. It’s not their actual national team, right?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have a couple of players missing, but it is the bulk of their World Cup team.
Yikes. And they are getting blown out by a bunch of summer leaguers? Wow.

I think there might be some high school teams that could beat those guys. Ha. Jimmer. No wonder.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yikes. And they are getting blown out by a bunch of summer leaguers? Wow.

I think there might be some high school teams that could beat those guys. Ha. Jimmer. No wonder.

A stacked HS team might. Their perimeter play is always awful, and while they have skilled bigs most of them lack the physicality to bang with most pro/semi-pro bigs from other regions. They are a middle of the pack national team in by far the weakest region in the World Cup, and were only ever competitive with decent teams when they were running Yao into the ground.

My understanding is a lot of their problem is their method of player development. Essentially just taking the tallest kids and training them at a young age in all around skills and not refining their abilities to specific positions or roles. But I'm sure other countries scratch their heads about how the US develops soccer players.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Back in the seventies, China's teams were no joke. I remember one year they had a Mongolian center that made Wes Unseld look tiny. Guy was a huge space eater. I think he was seven foot, but built wide load like Unseld.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose