Suns @ Mavs

sunsfn

Reaction score
Joe Mama said,

---------------------------------------------------------
Where were all the other Phoenix Suns players tonight? There was no Tom Gugliotta. There was no Jake Tsakalidis. Scott Williams played about a minute. Dan Langhi has apparently fallen out of favor again.
-----------------------------------------------

I was wondering the same thing watching the game.............

I realize that the suns or any other team have to match up sometimes during the game, but the successful teams play the same lineup to start every game.
The Warriors have started the same five for most of the season and they are starting to win and are giving other teams all they can handle. Teams have to learn to play together and I do not think that the suns are being given that chance.
Big Jakes injury hurt that but now he is back and not only not starting, not even playing.
It seemed to me that with Langhis 6' 11" body he deserved a chance to defend against Nowitzki for a few minutes so they did not have to double team him all the time.

The only thing that I can think of is that FJ is trying to find out who the suns want to play and trade or what position to draft for in the upcoming draft.

I think the suns are trying to win and get into the playoffs????

Of course these may not be the right answers at all............it may be that FJ does not know what he is doing!!!!!

:( :(

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
In which areas is Houston better than Phoenix?

Current position in the standings.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hcsilla

At this point I would love to have even Cato at center for the Phoenix Suns. Jake Voskuhl is a decent backup although he seems to have a bad case of the Mark West disease with the referees.

At this point it looks like that eighth playoff spot will go not to the team that wins the most games but to the team that doesn't lose the most.

Joe Mama

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm

Current position in the standings.
And if HOU will lose in SAC (what is likely) and PHO will win against SEA (what is expected) then will Joe Mama change his mind and will he say "I really do not think that this team (HOU) is going to make the play-off"?

I don't think that this would have been his point.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
At this point I would love to have even Cato at center for the Phoenix Suns.
Me too but Rockets fans probably would love to have even Joe Johnson at SF.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Originally posted by sunsfn
Joe Mama said,
---------------------------------------------------------
Where were all the other Phoenix Suns players tonight? There was no Tom Gugliotta. There was no Jake Tsakalidis. Scott Williams played about a minute. Dan Langhi has apparently fallen out of favor again.
-----------------------------------------------
I was wondering the same thing watching the game.............

I realize that the suns or any other team have to match up sometimes during the game, but the successful teams play the same lineup to start every game.
The Warriors have started the same five for most of the season and they are starting to win and are giving other teams all they can handle. Teams have to learn to play together and I do not think that the suns are being given that chance.

Big Jakes injury hurt that but now he is back and not only not starting, not even playing.
I just brought up the same point within the "Shaq" thread.

Big Jake said in today's Republic that he can't back into game shape playing zero minutes, as he did against Dallas.

Irregular lineups work well for Bob Brenly. Baseball is an individual sport within a team concept.

Basketball depends on chemistry on the court -- on both offense and defense. I agree that a set lineup of starters and subs helps a team.

Haphazard lineups and reacting to your opponent will not give you control of the game . . . or season!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
And if HOU will lose in SAC (what is likely) and PHO will win against SEA (what is expected) then will Joe Mama change his mind and will he say "I really do not think that this team (HOU) is going to make the play-off"?

Next question?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hcsilla
Me too but Rockets fans probably would love to have even Joe Johnson at SF.

You are joking, right? They have James Posey and Glen Rice. Or Rice is definitely overpaid, but Marbury would be unstoppable if he had a shooter like Rice standing around the three-point line taking open shots.

Joe Mama

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
JJ is not that bad at shooting 3's he is 24th in the NBA in 3 point %. Sure his is not Rice #10 but he still is knocking them down when he is open.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm

Next question?
Next statement?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson