Suns @ Mavs

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
This will be an interesting game. We come off one of our best performances of the season. We thrived in the getting easy buckets. Mavs love that style of game so I don't know if we should go at them in a scoring comp. We need to play solid D and get everyone involved like last night.

We beat them last game so we've got the confidence going in and the momentum from yesterday's game.

I actually think we'll upset them tonight. My brain says we'll get beat but my heart says we'll win. Mavs don't have an answer for Marbury and when he fires so do usually the suns.

Suns 104
Mavs 100

Go suNS!

Last edited:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The equation is simple.

Marbury big + Marion big + someone else big = Suns victory

Obviously the Phoenix Suns need to win this game to keep pace or get ahead of the Houston Rockets, but I think this game is also important for another reason. If the Suns make the playoffs they will be the eighth seed matched up against the team with the best record in the Western Conference. Currently that is the Dallas Mavericks, but San Antonio is 3 games back. I don't know about the rest of here, but I think we match up against the Spurs better than the Mavericks in a 7 game playoff series.

Joe Mama

OP
OP
Billythekid

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
I think more then ever now days in the league you need a 4th guy to step up (obviously you'd love 5 and 6) but Marbury and Marion, yes, then Stoudemire being a presence on the boards and the defensive end plus some offense. Then if JJ can continue his good play with some scoring I think we'll be right in it

OP
OP
Billythekid

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
We couldn't have asked for a better start.

Everyone has scored. We're taking it right at them by running and getting easy baskets. Penny is sharp tonight. Great passing.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
JJ with the 3!!

Mavs can't make a F-T

Let's go Suns. Nowitzki's got 3 fouls. Let's attack!

OP
OP
Billythekid

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Sssshhhuuzzzaaam.

Marion for 3!

Suns are playing GREAT! Everyone is contributing. This is good!

gotta love the foul count so far with Raef and Dirk both with 3.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
49-36 Suns lead

Man why can't we play like this all the time!

We're aggresive on D, hitting our shots, and using good ball movement.

I don't care what anyone says, Penny is a very important part of this team.

And JJ will be something special in a couple of years

OP
OP
Billythekid

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
I think Penny might have read that post on this board, because he is on target for a triple double... and to score 20 pts. He's playing some of his best ball all season. I think he's been the big X factor, because if Penny is playing just even a shadow of his old self he's so tough.

GO SUNS!

OP
OP
Billythekid

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Great 1st half!

Check these numbers out. Marion 15pts 12rebs. Penny 13pts 6 assists 4 rebs 0 turnovers.

really good all round scoring. Great D. Holding them to 40 pts is on target for a Dallas 80pt game.

NOW. Lets hope the Suns come out even hungrier in the 2nd half because this game is ours for the taking that probably was seen to most, as a loss.

GO SUNS!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are planning very well with Penny Hardaway, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion, and Marbury on the floor to get there. Who said small ball doesn't work?

Joe Mama

PhiLLmattiC

Last of a Dying Breed
Reaction score
Originally posted by Billythekid
I think Penny might have read that post on this board, because he is on target for a triple double... and to score 20 pts. He's playing some of his best ball all season. I think he's been the big X factor, because if Penny is playing just even a shadow of his old self he's so tough.

GO SUNS!

Or he may have just read the article itself. Whenever penny does a interview it always ends up biting him on the ass.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Billythekid
NOW. Lets hope the Suns come out even hungrier in the 2nd half because this game is ours for the taking that probably was seen to most, as a loss.

GO SUNS!

Tell me you're not serious...

Any team ALWAYS has a chance against the Mavs.

They're the Mavs after all.

Even when they have a team down by 27 in the 4th quarter - it ain't over (ala the Lakers comeback defeat of Dallas this season).

Mavs are always beatable.

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
wow...marbury already has 15 points. This guy could really rack up some points very quickly:eek:

OP
OP
Billythekid

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
hey i picked us to win, but

as your a Laker man I could see how you come to the conclusion that Dallas is beatable. The thing is our gorilla is our mascot not our starting center. (no offense... Just a JOKE)

The Mavericks have owned us the last few years and them owning the best record in the league suggests to me we'll have a tough time against them.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Man I could've sworn we had a little bit of momentum after that 3rd quarter.

So much for that...

OP
OP
Billythekid

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Dirk and Nash have just killed us in this second half. We aren't able to make the defensive adjustments because it seems Dirk is just manhandling us. And Marion just went cold. 2 pts in the 2nd half after scoring 15 in the 1st.
:(

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Good thing they are going away from what worked for them, NOT.

Our players are pretty good at standing around.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And Casey Jacobsen proved why he doesn't get minutes.

I thought this guy was a shooter but instead he tries his hardest to drive to the basket every play and pick up an offensive foul on most of them.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to be sick. Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki flat-out killed the Suns in the second half. Well, it was that in the zone defense. The Suns settled over and over for three-point shots, and they weren't falling in the second half.

Where were all the other Phoenix Suns players tonight? There was no Tom Gugliotta. There was no Jake Tsakalidis. Scott Williams played about a minute. Dan Langhi has apparently fallen out of favor again.

I really do not think this team is going to make the playoffs.

Why don't the Phoenix Suns opponents play the zone the entire game? It always works. If I were an opposing coach facing the Phoenix Suns I would play the zone the entire game. And I guarantee I would win.

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
And Casey Jacobsen proved why he doesn't get minutes.

I thought this guy was a shooter but instead he tries his hardest to drive to the basket every play and pick up an offensive foul on most of them.

Ugh. You've got to be kidding me. The guy comes off the bench cold, tries to create, and then this is posted. Casey's offensive foul in his one minute tonight is the very LEAST of our problems.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I have to agree with Chaplin on this one. I don't think the Suns' problems have anything to do with being too aggressive taking the ball to the basket. I'm quite encouraged when I see Jacobsen try to drive hard; it makes me think there is hope for him. Over the season, he has picked up only one foul about every twelve minutes, which isn't bad at all. And, of course, only a fraction of those fouls have been offensive.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Im pretty glad I didnt see this one tonight. My gf taped it, but what's the point of watching it now?

This PLUS the ASU loss hurts...but the ASU loss was expected. Well, I guess this one was too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson