Suns @ Mavericks Saturday game thread 1-30-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Taking absolutely nothing away from the win, it helped the Mavericks had played at Utah the night before and were late getting home.

Of course the Suns have won their last two games without Booker, Payne and Saric.
It’s interesting that the suns are 7-3 against doncic. And 7-1 when Ayton plays. That’s some pretty big validation of bridges disrupting him even if he gets numbers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard for me to wrap my head around the Mavericks have lost five games in a row and had another three game losing streak because Doncic is that good.

I have no questions that he is an elite player.

Perhaps teams have figured out a way to beat the Mavericks without letting Doncic beat them. The Mavericks are missing that second piece or at least a second piece that can stay healthy. I'm hoping they never get that third star to add to Doncic and Porzingis.

Also let me give credit to the excellent defense the Suns played on Doncic in the 4th quarter. A lot of credit not only goes to Mikal Bridges but Deandre Ayton as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of good defense being played in the above zone defense but a lot of credit goes to Ayton being there to stop penetration to the rim and rebounding.

Nice footwork by Deandre in that zone.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose