Suns make a trade for Center Jock Landale

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This guy looks just like a bigger, faster, Dario Saric. He's got that old man slow game, and is an excellent connector. Really looks like Dario to me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lack of a 3 point shot, and bad ballhandling skills are the main reason.

The 3 point shot is developing. I think it would be worthwhile to give him some more minutes there and see what happens.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy looks just like a bigger, faster, Dario Saric. He's got that old man slow game, and is an excellent connector. Really looks like Dario to me.

I was thinking more Aron Baynes but I guess he wasn't all that different from Dario.

I think this guy could pan out. I'm intrigued, for sure.

Anyone know if he'll play in Summer League? He could probably use the reps. I'm thinking he won't but I'd like to see what he can do.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Jock Landale sounds like a character from a bad 80’s sports movie.
“I remember one time Jock took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when Jock got splashed. So he yells, ‘I’m Jock Landale and no one gets me wet!’ So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, ‘How do you like it?’ And then damn if Jock didn’t step in there and finish the show.

To Jock Landale!"

Everyone raises their glasses "To JOCK LANDALE!!!"

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
“I remember one time Jock took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when Jock got splashed. So he yells, ‘I’m Jock Landale and no one gets me wet!’ So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, ‘How do you like it?’ And then damn if Jock didn’t step in there and finish the show.

To Jock Landale!"

Everyone raises their glasses "To JOCK LANDALE!!!"

"Was it over when Jock Landale bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a lot to like about his game but from what little I've seen he's an even worse defender than Saric (even Saric when he was out of shape).

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If he can actually Breath for more than 11 min in a row hes a good replacement for Javale

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
If he can actually Breath for more than 11 min in a row hes a good replacement for Javale
Muggz, I thought JaVale gave the Suns alot for money $5 Million. He ran the floor well, blocked shots, scored occasionally near the basket with some nice dunks, great enthusiasm probably not great on defense away from the basket but I hated too see him sign with Dallas. As they gave 3 years and Doncic will like playing with him and vice versa. Suns were said to want to go 1 year only. Any way let's hope Jock Landale contributes to the Suns.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Muggz, I thought JaVale gave the Suns alot for money $5 Million. He ran the floor well, blocked shots, scored occasionally near the basket with some nice dunks, great enthusiasm probably not great on defense away from the basket but I hated too see him sign with Dallas. As they gave 3 years and Doncic will like playing with him and vice versa. Suns were said to want to go 1 year only. Any way let's hope Jock Landale contributes to the Suns.
Just the same, I'd rather waive goodbye then pay him what Dallas did.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is a step down from JaVale and Lee was a roster filler. The team better land KD or have a backup plan (using Ayton to fill voids) because neither of these rosters moves makes us better.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
He is a step down from JaVale and Lee was a roster filler. The team better land KD or have a backup plan (using Ayton to fill voids) because neither of these rosters moves makes us better.
Exactly but the "Budget Suns" are filling roster spots as cheaply as they can right now. And If they missed out on Durant then the Suns will void all the progress they made the last 2 years & it will mean nothing towards remaining contenders and that they'll prove that they can't compete with the Bigs Boys of the NBA.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Just the same, I'd rather waive goodbye then pay him what Dallas did.
I understand your point. I just feel JaVale kinda overachieved and was hoping he'd stay. A 3 year contract is a lot as he will be what 37 years old? How many 37 and 38 year olds can the Suns afford to keep on the team? And all while trying to trade for a 34 year old superstar too.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I understand you point. I just feel JaVale kinda overachieved and was hoping he'd stay. A 3 year contract is a lot as he will be what 37 years old? How many 37 and 38 year olds can the Suns afford to keep on the team? And all while trying to trade for a 34 year old superstar too.
Considering we couldn’t play Javale at all in the playoffs, is this that big of a loss? I like his personality on the team, but if he can’t produce in the playoffs, the money we would spend on him is better spent on someone that will. Same thing with Torrey Craig.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
Considering we couldn’t play Javale at all in the playoffs, is this that big of a loss? I like his personality on the team, but if he can’t produce in the playoffs, the money we would spend on him is better spent on someone that will. Same thing with Torrey Craig.
I don't know I didn't agree with how Monty
I think the whole team & including Monty's coaching left a lot to be desired. The wheels simply fell off as the engine sputtered, everyone caved, and looked like the Suns had given up the fight and was ready for vacation. I can't recall anyone showing any type of fight or the will to compete against Dallas. JaVale looked out for him & his family & signed with Dallas and the Suns looked out for the Suns so they parted company. The Suns will be alright.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could have done lots of things in the playoffs but didn’t. JaVale was huge all season long. Especially, on nights where Ayton was being Ayton. We don’t get to our win count without the depth on the team. Maybe Jock can replace some of what JaVale gave us.

However, at the end of the day improving your roster is the only way to get better and critical after what some teams have done. If we don’t get KD, these roster moves won’t cut it by a long shot. This roster is worse even if we keep DA and don’t get KD.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jock Landale was on the PHNX Sports podcast earlier today. It is very entertaining to meet the players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really recommend the above interview with Jock Landale. It was funny and entertaining. I laughed a lot.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i'm hoping that despite less floor-time and scoring likely from Paul this season he can still give Landale a career boost the way he has other centers

McGee was a non-factor with the Mavs
love the guy.
but hope it stays that way

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just going to say I for one prefer Landale to McGee. I actually think he is the better all around player, and is far more versatile.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i like/liked Bismack as a 3rd string center
but never really had confidence in him beyond his ability to flush down a lob