Suns @ Magic Wednesday game thread 3-24-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or has he been playing inside lately more than outside?

Previously we would have the ball go through him, now we are posting him up on other bigs. Previously would we would mostly go to him down low when had the mismatches.

I think it's a good observation. The Suns have been going to Saric more inside this season whereas in the bubble he often used to initiate the offense from the top of the key and hit the open three. Perhaps being a post-up player has wore him down.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude... when we were rolling, he was controlling the floor on offense for the second unit. He's been dragging ass for three weeks now and it's not a coincidence that the second unit hasn't been as good.

I don't think you get what I am saying. It's not like he came here and his career was transformational or he is doing something he has never done before. His stats are even worse in some cases. I am saying his overall play is exactly what I thought we would get from him. His entire career he has disappeared from time to time. Maybe he is hurt but this is not out of character.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you get what I am saying. It's not like he came here and his career was transformational or he is doing something he has never done before. His stats are even worse in some cases. I am saying his overall play is exactly what I thought we would get from him. His entire career he has disappeared from time to time. Maybe he is hurt but this is not out of character.

A quick glance at the last couple of seasons there appears to be a tendency by Saric to play better late in the season. Let's hope it holds true this season and into the playoffs.