Suns @ Magic Tuesday game thread 3-8-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The colors of the jerseys made me think twice a time or two tonight.

Suns played in white jerseys while the Magic played in jerseys that looked dark with an orange stripe down the side.

For some reason it made me think about The Valley jersey. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great bounce back rebounding game by Ayton. He was going up with force and energy to grab the boards. Also two huge shots down the stretch to secure the win. If anything his success in the playoffs may have helped him gain the confidence so that end game scenarios don’t seem too big for him.

Nice to see shamet light it up. As Eddie said during the game, if shamet can approximate the last two games when everyone is healthy what are opposing teams going to do with our waves of talent?

As for cam Payne’s 12 assists being very Paul like . . . even moreso were his ONE turnover and 2 steals. Let’s not forget in Paula absence in the playoffs he was mercurial.

Bridges really needs the other three guys back to take most of the attention so he can be guarded by the fourth worst defender and take advantage with his slippery moves and short lane pull-ups.

Overall the magic aren’t a good squad, but being down three of our most potent and clutch players . . . I’ll take the W, and the learning lessons the bench guys are getting, and the confidence shamet is hopefully acquiring.

Nice rebounding, defense, and back-to-back clutch shots by crowder too.

Low expectations for the heat game, but I don’t put anything past this team of book is back.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the Suns need offense right now. I hope Biz gets some play when the three offensive players come back.
I have a feeling we are going to need him big time come playoffs. I would like to see him get more time as well.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous

Now 19 rebounds isn’t enough
19 rebounds is definitely enough, he played a great game but, he had that little hiccup where he fumbled the ball again in the lane then gave up an offensive board and then did a good job of getting an offensive rebound only to blow the little bunny shot. stop being so sensitive about every complaint people have. its like they are personally attacking you! everyone will complain about something and everyone at one time or another. just let the crap roll of your back! we win we can all be happy about that.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know the Suns need offense right now. I hope Biz gets some play when the three offensive players come back.
well he did not show well last game, he got pushed around pretty easily. there are times when he has a good match up and if he is being fed for easy shots his energy and mental state are much better. love his shot blocking ability for his size.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
19 rebounds is definitely enough, he played a great game but, he had that little hiccup where he fumbled the ball again in the lane then gave up an offensive board and then did a good job of getting an offensive rebound only to blow the little bunny shot. stop being so sensitive about every complaint people have. its like they are personally attacking you! everyone will complain about something and everyone at one time or another. just let the crap roll of your back! we win we can all be happy about that.
Particularly in a game thread. When a player has a run of three or four poor plays in a row it’s not crazy to criticize that player at that time. Or even after the game . . . someone can acknowledge that overall a player had a terrific game (like Ayton did) but had a spurt of poor play.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Particularly in a game thread. When a player has a run of three or four poor plays in a row it’s not crazy to criticize that player at that time. Or even after the game . . . someone can acknowledge that overall a player had a terrific game (like Ayton did) but had a spurt of poor play.

no! Only #'s and averages matter without watching the game. context doesn't matter.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no! Only #'s and averages matter without watching the game. context doesn't matter.
Or acknowledge we have a great coach, but still in the game thread criticize some decisions (Timeouts, I'm looking at you).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, game threads are usually talking about specific moments in time. Players can make bad plays but still have a great game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's only missing the defensive effort and maybe a few questionable shot selections but I happy with his play since he's been back.

I couldn't be more happy with the play of Cam Payne. Also the addition of Aaron Hoiliday was a nice move.

These are examples of James Jones working his magic.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is why I rarely post in a game thread during the game. I like to read it after it is all over and laugh at all the criticism and gnashing of teeth. So far, I have limited myself to smug retrospective self-satisfaction and have not resorted to mocking in posts.

Gotta maintain a smidge of decorum.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is why I rarely post in a game thread during the game. I like to read it after it is all over and laugh at all the criticism and gnashing of teeth. So far, I have limited myself to smug retrospective self-satisfaction and have not resorted to mocking in posts.

Gotta maintain a smidge of decorum.
I typically post during games as a mode of venting. But this season I’ve had to watch a bunch of games on delay, so I read the threads after completing watching the game, and yeah early comments are typically funny with 20-20 hindsight - but that’s all it is . . . 20-20 hindsight so I never feel smug bc I likely would’ve had similar comments had I posted live.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I typically post during games as a mode of venting. But this season I’ve had to watch a bunch of games on delay, so I read the threads after completing watching the game, and yeah early comments are typically funny with 20-20 hindsight - but that’s all it is . . . 20-20 hindsight so I never feel smug bc I likely would’ve had similar comments had I posted live.
A perfect example of this is in the Heat thread, where 5 minutes into the game I posted about how Duncan Robinson was killing Bridges. But right after I wrote that, Robinson pretty much disappeared.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A perfect example of this is in the Heat thread, where 5 minutes into the game I posted about how Duncan Robinson was killing Bridges. But right after I wrote that, Robinson pretty much disappeared.
We thank you for your contribution!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is nothing like sharing the thoughts and feelings of live game action with friends even if it's only watching it on television.

It's an adrenaline rush only topped by attending the game live.

IMO, this is the pinnacle.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the old days when there was a live chat feature which is slightly better than refreshing a forum. My friends and I started a Live Facebook Chat room through the Suns playoff run last year. It was a blast. I was going back and forth between that and here. The chatroom was more fun though!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the old days when there was a live chat feature which is slightly better than refreshing a forum. My friends and I started a Live Facebook Chat room through the Suns playoff run last year. It was a blast. I was going back and forth between that and here. The chatroom was more fun though!

chat room would be awesome.

and yeah, the game threads are really just for venting and interacting with people during the game while watching by myself. gives you at least a hint of shared experience.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've enjoyed Suns chat rooms in the past but found when the number of participants went up, the fun went away for me. Before they all created their own sites AOL used to host all the local media sites (KTAR, AZ Republic etc.) and they had a nice chat room for the Suns games. It was great until we traded for Kidd and then our numbers jumped from 5 or 6 to 30 or more and that was it for me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've enjoyed Suns chat rooms in the past but found when the number of participants went up, the fun went away for me. Before they all created their own sites AOL used to host all the local media sites (KTAR, AZ Republic etc.) and they had a nice chat room for the Suns games. It was great until we traded for Kidd and then our numbers jumped from 5 or 6 to 30 or more and that was it for me.
Agreed when #s go up it’s impossible to keep track and have a convo

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose