Suns @ Magic Friday game thread 11-11-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need to improve on both offense and defense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This team could be a real problem if they make the playoffs. As soon as they moved Bol Bol into the starting lineup, they seemed to find the magic sauce, so to speak!

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I'm beginning to think Ayton wants to go else where. He's not performing up to par. He's gotten his big money contract but he's not living up to it. He should be playing his butt off for the Suns now. Maybe parting company will be good for the Suns and him as well if we can get a good return. I so wanted Ayton to do well and play to his potential but it is beginning to look like that not going to happen. Shame because it could have led to some great things. Sometimes changes are needed and the future will tell. I'm just saying.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Assume the position because if this same Suns "team" shows up for the Heat its not gonna be fun.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns need to improve on both offense and defense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It's not "kinda hard to say" SIGN A BACKUP PG AND A REAL PF! PERIOD!
Its so efing obvious Britney Spears could figure it out.
Why is it soo efing hard to fill a PF spot with a PF. Stop trying Centers and shooting guards at PF and just get a REAL PF!
Sign Julius Randel and the rest of the NBA will suck our toes for 10 years. I don't like Randel at all but he would solve ALL our problems.
Cam J is not a PF
Jae C is not a PF
Randel IS A PF!
GET HIM and we WILL get a ring.
GET HIM and the doors close on the rest of the NBA for years.
But this is the SUNs so I've stocked up on Vaseline and I am ready for all the grape.

Sorry still had a little left in the bottle.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So this is the Ayton many of us feared. This is the Ayton got his bag. Remember his question as a rookie? “How do you stay motivated after you get the big contract?” Guess we see that come fruition . . . if you’re Ayton, you just don’t. At present he may be the Phoenix sun I hate most ever.

Bridges goes bonkers last game and can’t drop one this game. Quintessential bridges.

I always liked bol bol. I wanted to take a chance on him in the draft and wait on him. Thought he was the perfect PF alongside Ayton.

I’m growing more and more out on James jones as the season progresses.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not "kinda hard to say" SIGN A BACKUP PG AND A REAL PF! PERIOD!
Its so efing obvious Britney Spears could figure it out.
Why is it soo efing hard to fill a PF spot with a PF. Stop trying Centers and shooting guards at PF and just get a REAL PF!
Sign Julius Randel and the rest of the NBA will suck our toes for 10 years. I don't like Randel at all but he would solve ALL our problems.
Cam J is not a PF
Jae C is not a PF
Randel IS A PF!
GET HIM and we WILL get a ring.
GET HIM and the doors close on the rest of the NBA for years.
But this is the SUNs so I've stocked up on Vaseline and I am ready for all the rape.

Sorry still had a little left in the bottle.

I've been disappointed before, when the Suns didn't make a move to fix the problem, but my hope is James Jones is waiting for the right trade to become available.

Unfortunately, many players aren't eligible to be traded until December 15th and through the NBA trade deadline, which ends on February 9th.

Whether the Suns properly address the issues, play making, shooting and a power forward remains to be seen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When healthy and whole we're a pretty good team, perhaps even capable of winning it all with a fair amount of luck. But minus CP3, CamJ, Shamet and Crowder (or his replacement) we simply aren't very good. Last night wasn't a fluke, the game before was.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside shooting and defense remains a problem for Phoenix. It's alarming when their offense can't get shots to fall and they couldn't navigate Orlando's length inside.

Yeah, some of that can be put on Ayton (14-5) but he is not the one missing all the outside shots.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside shooting and defense remains a problem for Phoenix. It's alarming when their offense can't get shots to fall and they couldn't navigate Orlando's length inside.

Yeah, some of that can be put on Ayton (14-5) but he is not the one missing all the outside shots.
His lack of progression as an offensive weapon is why we have to shoot and miss so many outside shots. We don’t have a game to switch up where our second MAX player can do work consistently in the post.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So this is the Ayton many of us feared. This is the Ayton got his bag. Remember his question as a rookie? “How do you stay motivated after you get the big contract?” Guess we see that come fruition . . . if you’re Ayton, you just don’t. At present he may be the Phoenix sun I hate most ever.

Bridges goes bonkers last game and can’t drop one this game. Quintessential bridges.

I always liked bol bol. I wanted to take a chance on him in the draft and wait on him. Thought he was the perfect PF alongside Ayton.

I’m growing more and more out on James jones as the season progresses.
Idk we don’t make the finals without Ayton and we don’t beat the Pelicans without him. Horry and the Morris twins top my list

But he looks completely checked out. It’s obvious he doesn’t want to be here. The Monty/Ayton thing seems very real and it wasn’t addressed in the offseason

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Idk we don’t make the finals without Ayton and we don’t beat the Pelicans without him. Horry and the Morris twins top my list

But he looks completely checked out. It’s obvious he doesn’t want to be here. The Monty/Ayton thing seems very real and it wasn’t addressed in the offseason
Eh it’s different. Those guys shouldn’t have been as good as Ayton could be. They didn’t sell us short. They were just aholes. Ayton is the call coming from inside the house.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh it’s different. Those guys shouldn’t have been as good as Ayton could be. They didn’t sell us short. They were just aholes. Ayton is the call coming from inside the house.

I don’t hate him. Like I said we don’t have the success we’ve had the last two years without him

I think it’s clear the relationship with the Suns is over and honestly I don’t blame him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton’s not to blame for playing pathetic after getting a MAX contract all while the owner he hates and blames for not getting a 5 year contract… is not even part of the organization anymore?

Good lord. The excuses never stop for that kid, who’s got all the talent in the world but almost none of the heart needed to maximize.

And the only time we did see the skills and the heart even coming close to matching, he had been so underwhelming the rest of his career that people mythologize some kind of epic play in the playoff two years ago… where he averaged a 15.8 ppg and 11.8 rebounds.

Was Ayton good during those playoffs? Yes. Did that play help us get to the Fjnals? WITHOUT A DOUBT, but it wasn’t even that special. It was just CONSISTENT for an elongated stretch of time.

And even then, he completely disappeared the final four games of the Finals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose