Suns lose again

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That only applies if BOTH Cleveland and Phoenix don't get a top 4 pick. Very unlikely to matter.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't they fall to 4th if someone jumps into the top 3?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't they fall to 4th if someone jumps into the top 3?

The top 4 picks are drawn for the lottery now so it only matters if neither Cleveland or the Suns get a top 4 pick. Basically 4 teams have to leapfrog both teams to push the Cavs and Suns to the point where the coin flip matters.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tan it twice. 6th and 1st. Then stopped. I’ll take 50% at Zion.

Ran it once, got second. I'll take that, though I fear in that scenario the Suns draft Morant, start him as a rookie and do not bring in any veteran point guard to hold the fort until Morant is ready, which in my opinion could spell disaster both for the Suns and for Morant.

Morant has a chance to be successful in the NBA...but only if he is brought along slowly and developed properly.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Took me about 15 tries to get 1. 6th and 2nd came up the most for me before that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran the simulator ten times.

It came out as follows: 5,6,6,6,2,2,6,6,3,2.

Maybe we should start evaluating players around the 6th slot. Hope we get lucky but can't count on it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it eliminates any chance for a significant trade.

Straight up it may.

If combined with the Bucks pick and Warren or Jackson, the Suns might still be able to pull off a nice trade.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Suns will pick third in the second round.

Also they can fall as far as seventh in the first round.
Are you sure on this? I was under the impression that that on ties they swap the order in the second round.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure on this? I was under the impression that that on ties they swap the order in the second round.

Tankathon.com has the Suns picking 2nd in the second round so maybe you are right.

That tie messed up everything.

This is good. I like the second round.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling PHX falls out of Top 3. If I was Jones I would start looking into putting packages together for a PG. Focus on PF in FA.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Tankathon.com has the Suns picking 2nd in the second round so maybe you are right.

That tie messed up everything.

This is good. I like the second round.
Yea, I am pretty sure we are second. I looked around and couldn’t find anything definitive but if you look at last year the Heat won the “coin flip” and picked before the bucks in the first round, but in the second round the Bucks picked before the Heat. If true, and either we or the Cavs end up in the top 4 then losing the drawing is actually slightly beneficial for us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, I am pretty sure we are second. I looked around and couldn’t find anything definitive but if you look at last year the Heat won the “coin flip” and picked before the bucks in the first round, but in the second round the Bucks picked before the Heat. If true, and either we or the Cavs end up in the top 4 then losing the drawing is actually slightly beneficial for us.

I never thought about checking out last season. Good thinking. One spot can make a huge difference in the second round. I'm hoping Jones does a better job than McDonough in this round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson