Suns @ Lakers Thursday Playoff game thread 6-3-2021 - Game 6

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's the genius behind it. To most that's how it comes across, a playful dig. Yet as I replied in a previous post, when watching Lebron's salsa commercial, some might say he comes across as less than masculine. It being Jae Crowder, that's not just a playful salsa imitation, but also a manhood check. You can bet that's how LeBron took it. That's a nuanced troll job. What I love is Jae won on the court, and then bested Lebron's game 3 taunts with some vicious digs of his own. That was a ruthless murder of the chosen one.
I think you’re off. I highly doubt crowder was taking a dig at Lebron’s manhood. If he was that’s stupid considering he’s been the best player in the planet for years. It was just a jab. And a good one.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did the Drummond post up imitation. Twice. Subtly so he wouldn't get t'd up with Crowder (tip of the cap to cp3's iq). I'm not sure it was meant to be respectfully playful. If you want to be respectful to your friend, you don't taunt him or his team at the end of a humiliating loss. I do think it was meant to say "what happened to the bravado?"

If it was aimed at Drummond I doubt it was meant to be respectful. The imitation of Lebron is a different matter.

It was amazing at the amount of trash talking that went on in the Lakers series. These guys were going at each other physically and verbally more than any series I can remember. It appears the Suns not only won the physical battles but the psychological battles as well.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think you’re off. I highly doubt crowder was taking a dig at Lebron’s manhood. If he was that’s stupid considering he’s been the best player in the planet for years. It was just a jab. And a good one.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We know there is no love lost between LeBron and Crowder. Theyve hated eachother for years. We know someone on the Suns was attacking Lebron's masculinity in the bottom clip from above. We can clearly see LeBron is sensitive to that kind of taunt. We know the commercial does not portray Lebron in an especially masculine way, at least probably not to a bunch of alpha basketball players. We know LeBron is probably aware of that, because he's sensitive to his appearance. Although I can't prove it, I think it's reasonable that Jae Crowder not only sent LeBron off with his own salsa dance, but was calling him a b&*%$ in the process. And I 100% believe that's how LeBron took it.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If it was aimed at Drummond I doubt it was meant to be respectful. The imitation of Lebron is a different matter.

It was amazing at the amount of trash talking that went on in the Lakers series. These guys were going at each other physically and verbally more than any series I can remember. It appears the Suns not only won the physical battles but the psychological battles as well.

Yesss! They beat them in all aspects. Physically, emotionally, and psychologically. It was an absurdly thorough ass whipping delivered to freaking Lebron James and the defending Champ lakers in the first playoff series we've been in ten years. I'm so proud of our guys.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We know there is no love lost between LeBron and Crowder. Theyve hated eachother for years. We know someone on the Suns was attacking Lebron's masculinity in the bottom clip from above. We can clearly see LeBron is sensitive to that kind of taunt. We know the commercial does not portray Lebron in an especially masculine way, at least probably not to a bunch of alpha basketball players. We know LeBron is probably aware of that, because he's sensitive to his appearance. Although I can't prove it, I think it's reasonable that Jae Crowder not only sent LeBron off with his own salsa dance, but was calling him a b&*%$ in the process. And I 100% believe that's how LeBron took it.
We’ll just disagree.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I like these comments by Jae Crowder. It shows his mentality on defense especially against Lebron.

From Duane Rankin Arizona Republic:

"We talked about it together, we've got to do it collectively," Suns forward Jae Crowder said. "Once you get that challenge, you've got to make him go though your body as much as possible. Sometimes you're going to be successful with it. You've got tip your hat off (to James) and continue to do it over and over and over again and I think as the series went on, he just wore down a little bit."

----------------------------------------

"A lot was on his plate and we just wanted to make it as tough as possible," Crowder continued. "Obviously he's the best player in our league. So he's definitely going to have times when he scores the ball and there's nothing we can do about it, but at the same time, you want to wear on him. Make him tired, feel you physically and by the fourth quarter, hopefully all the stuff you've done leading up to that point is going to pay off."

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...er-suns-face-nikola-jokic-nuggets/7553159002/

Oh right, I thought it was still about LeBron, so it's not obvious that Jokic is the best player, to me at least. Not saying it's LeFloppy Quitter either. Hoping for a good series with healthy players!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Lovin the cam pick now dude hustles pretty good at 3 pt shot plus love the afro lol hope he does well vs Nuggets and dario does something....

Dario is not 100 %. Hope he gets more energy back and can contribute some backup minutes. I think Tank did pretty well in games 5 and 6 vs the Fakers.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
All of them talk trash. They can respect each other and be friends off the court regardless. It's part of the game. I love how the Suns kept their composure in the losses and came back and killed them in game 5 and 6. This team is no ordinary Suns team. Seems to me they are tougher mentally. Anyway, enough about the Lakers. They are not relevant. Let's see about these Nuggets. Who are the best players except Jokic and the injured Murray? They lost some key players before the season, no?

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
Or... maybe it was just a Tik Tok Taunt.

It’s all speculation! ‘cept for the knock-off Mickey shirt. That troll job is fact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
While I’ll always cheer for the Suns and against the Lakers, you do want to like your roster. The Suns have a core of drafted players that look like playoff veterans, a future HoFer who signed here because he wanted to be a part of it, and a player like Payne who might have once worried this was his last chance.

On the other side you’ve got Markieff (no elaboration needed), AD who came to the team by torching the franchise that drafted him, and LeBron who, for all his greatness, often seems like an insecure saboteur. I’m not for smack-talk but the Lakers asked for it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of them talk trash. They can respect each other and be friends off the court regardless. It's part of the game. I love how the Suns kept their composure in the losses and came back and killed them in game 5 and 6. This team is no ordinary Suns team. Seems to me they are tougher mentally. Anyway, enough about the Lakers. They are not relevant. Let's see about these Nuggets. Who are the best players except Jokic and the injured Murray? They lost some key players before the season, no?

Michael Porter Jr. is an excellent player for the Nuggets and might be considered a young star on the rise.

A lot of folks wanted Aaron Gordon on the Suns roster but the Nuggets were able to trade for him. JaMychal Green is another solid power forward that comes off the bench. Also Monte Morris is a very underrated reserve point guard.

Nikola Jokic is the Nuggets best player and consensus MVP candidate. He is not only a superstar center but maybe the best player in the NBA. The Nuggets run a lot of their offense through him. Slowing him down alone will be a monumental task.

The Nuggets play team basketball centered around Jokic. They have solid starters and beat teams much like the Suns with depth. They can light up the score board up. They won the regular season series against the Suns 2-1.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m thinking suns n Nuggets are two of the slower paced teams in the nba?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m thinking suns n Nuggets are two of the slower paced teams in the nba?

The Suns averaged 115.3 points per game in the regular season while the Nuggets averaged 115.1 which is good for 6th and 8th in the league respectively. So I don't think we are going to see slow paced games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the genius behind it. To most that's how it comes across, a playful dig. Yet as I replied in a previous post, when watching Lebron's salsa commercial, some might say he comes across as less than masculine. It being Jae Crowder, that's not just a playful salsa imitation, but also a manhood check. You can bet that's how LeBron took it. That's a nuanced troll job. What I love is Jae won on the court, and then bested Lebron's game 3 taunts with some vicious digs of his own. That was a ruthless murder of the chosen one.

I guess? I certainly didn't see it that way at all. But you're right, Lebron and company took quite a few shots at us after game 3 so a little payback is to be expected.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

its over but this is still good
Oh. I thoroughly enjoyed that. LeClutch Sports is a deal with the devil. We saw it with the Suns, and the AD situation with the Lakers. LeBron left Cleveland in shambles (however he did give them a championship).

LeBron does seem to alienate his teammates.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

its over but this is still good

Great video. I was a little surprised to hear Rapaport go off to that extent uninterrupted but then I noticed it wasn't ESPN. They wouldn't allow that much negativity towards to LeBron in an entire day let alone one segment. Nothing he said was wrong though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose