Suns @ Kings Tuesday game thread 11-19-19

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Defense is all hustle and determination. The Kings are doing more of it tonight.. like the Celtics last night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some halftime stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tom and TC brought up the rebounds, we are once again losing that race too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton will certainly help Suns. However, other teams have a roster of big men they can throw at them.

For example even though Bagley is out, the Kings still have Bjelica, Holmes, Swanigan, Giles and Dedmon. That's a lot of size.
But let’s be honest, that’s not a lot of “good” size. With Ayton back each of our bigs either gets to move down a weight class or play against bench players. We are fine in that respect. Absent Ayton we are too weak. I originally wasn’t going to count last nights debacle as an “Ayton loss” and likely still won’t, but tonight’s game, with no Fox or Bagley, yeah they should win that one if Ayton’s not suspended.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great.. a tweaked Rubio for the rest of the season. Back issues linger unless they just down him for a few weeks. Ugh

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But let’s be honest, that’s not a lot of “good” size. With Ayton back each of our bigs either gets to move down a weight class or play against bench players. We are fine in that respect. Absent Ayton we are too weak. I originally wasn’t going to count last nights debacle as an “Ayton loss” and likely still won’t, but tonight’s game, with no Fox or Bagley, yeah they should win that one if Ayton’s not suspended.

The problem as I see it is the Suns do not have anyone inside to contend with the Kings size less Ayton and Baynes... other teams pose many of the same problems.

Kings can simply muscle it into the basket or fly over the top. The Suns needed a better answer than Diallo at the 4.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Are they missing a lot of open shots or are they taking a lot of contested shots? I can live with simply having some cold shooting, but if they are struggling to find good looks than it’s a problem.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kaminsky is being so soft and passive. His screens aren’t solid like the beginning of the season and he’s not as physical as well. With no Ayton or Baynes, Kaminsky and Saric are just not athletic enough to deter anyone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubio did not start the 2nd half. He may still be having injury problems.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. No beef or athleticism is the problem tonight.. ayton and Baynes would have kept it close ish I suppose.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holmes over Saric... no problem.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reminds me of last year when I'd get excited to get it down to 18.. lol.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a coming out party for Cam Johnson.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose