Suns @ Kings Friday game thread 3-24-2023

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team is missing one good three and D player right now. We have Josh okogie and ish Wainwright who can defend, out their shooting is inconsistent at best. Then we have Ross and Warren who can shoot and score, but their defense is atrocious.

God we missed a good CP 15. He was almost worthless tonight, and we really needed him to just do something.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And? Something happened internally to this team last playoffs that that never have recovered from. CP, Mont. DA have not been the same this year. Not sure what it was but the mojo they had from 2 years ago is completely gone.

Forget about mojo and look at the talent or lack thereof on the court tonight for the Suns.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you are shooting that poorly no argument has to be made.

I'd love to sit him. I hope when Durant gets back that Craig keeps his starting job. But Ross is just sooooo bad defensively that you can only really play him if he is white hot and Warren is a clogged toilet on offense and a doormat on D.

Maybe Wainwright should get more burn.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This team is missing one good three and D player right now. We have Josh okogie and ish Wainwright who can defend, out their shooting is inconsistent at best. Then we have Ross and Warren who can shoot and score, but their defense is atrocious.

God we missed a good CP 15. He was almost worthless tonight, and we really needed him to just do something.
Occasionally Payne can get hot and you forgot how bad his feel for the game is. I’ve never been a fan even when he was putting up good numbers cause it was smoke and mirrors. JJ and Monty’s commitment to him is borderline suspicious. Unfortunately there’s not one guy off the bench you can consistently trust so you can’t really blame Monty.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And? Something happened internally to this team last playoffs that that never have recovered from. CP, Mont. DA have not been the same this year. Not sure what it was but the mojo they had from 2 years ago is completely gone.

IMO, it has far more to do with that both of our starting forwards and our starting center at the moment are 8th men quality players.

When the Suns have been reasonably healthy they've still been a really good team this year.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to sit him. I hope when Durant gets back that Craig keeps his starting job. But Ross is just sooooo bad defensively that you can only really play him if he is white hot and Warren is a clogged toilet on offense and a doormat on D.

Maybe Wainwright should get more burn.
Okogie’s defense has not been there either accept the occasional play. So, he brings nothing to the starting lineup. Monty needs to give someone else a run.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okogie’s defense has not been there either accept the occasional play. So, he brings nothing to the starting lineup. Monty needs to give someone else a run.
Based only on small samples where I have focused on them it does seem like Josh okogie’s getting beaten on the perimeter when he's over aggressive. He's still Ron Artest compare to Ross and Warren . Wednesday and Kevin durant's return just can't get here fast enough

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Forget about mojo and look at the talent or lack thereof on the court tonight for the Suns.

We were 64-18 last year! We might finish below .500 this year. This is way bigger than lack of DA and Durant tonight. We are no longer a title contender. Monti and CP have been acting like they're checked out the whole season. We were near .500 all year. If you think is the same team as the last 2 seasons, you are delusional.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were 64-18 last year! We might finish below .500 this year. This is way bigger than lack of DA and Durant tonight. We are no longer a title contender. Monti and CP have been acting like they're checked out the whole season. We were near .500 all year. If you think is the same team as the last 2 seasons, you are delusional.

Who said the Suns are the same team that went 64-18.

ALSO, DON'T CALL NAMES.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We lost CamJ early but still had a 15-6 record at the time we lost CP3 and the injuries just piled up after that. We traded Mikal more than 6 weeks ago yet he's still the minutes leader for the Suns this season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a crap show in the 3rd. The fouls and refs. Monty letting it swing that much again.
Then the good ol hero shot by Book in the fourth and missed 3 by cp3. Payne was completely awful.
5th spot now with a loss coming tomorrow.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“We let them get the momentum.” “We got disorganized.”

Cmon man that’s where you come in. Time and time again we have the lead they erase it and exceed it, all without doing anything to stop the bleeding. Manage the game Monty.

There is plenty of room to criticize Monty about but the real problem is the Suns didn't have enough talent to win tonight.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is plenty of room to criticize Monty about but the real problem is the Suns didn't have enough talent to win tonight.

We were ahead by 14 I think. That big of a swing because we’re not talented?

Mike Brown was substituting guys in and out for defensive and offensive possessions. That’s coaching and managing the game.

Meanwhile we don’t have a game plan near the stretch. We didn’t execute and we didn’t foul in timely manners. That’s coaching and strategy.

I’m sorry but you don’t let the game get out of hand like that and expect to win.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bench showed up but unfortunately not all of them Payne was a disaster once again, and three starter were basically trash. Look at the kings lineup all starters in double digits 4 of which basically 20+ just hard to overcome all that. Yet they were right there, if we have KD and Ayton I have zero fears of the Kings or pretty much anyone in the west imo. Please for the love of god can we just stay healthy the rest of the season I feel like we have had our share of major injuries already this season!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave