Suns @ Jazz Thursday scrimmage game 7-23-20

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if Cam could actually be our PF.

I must say last night made be think about it. Cam can play the 4 position occasionally but I never seriously thought he could start at power forward. He would still have to develop more physically but look at what he has done over the past few months.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if Cam could actually be our PF.

I've said all along that he could be a Channing Frye type of big. I don't think he'll play C like Frye but I can definitely see him as a PF in today's NBA.

It helps Cam having someone like Bridges in the frontcourt with him. You can debate which of those 2 would be the PF but PF would be covered with them together.

I think Oubre is somewhat similar to Bridges in that he plays bigger than his listed height also and can play smallball PF so pairing Cam with either of them would be fine.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns do not practice today.

Their final two scrimmages are Suns @ Celtics on Sunday (10:30 a.m.) and the Raptors @ Suns on Tuesday (12 p.m).

Both games are Arizona time.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good gm by the suns

Sadly missec the gm but saw ayton hit a 3 ! Lol imagine if that became a weapon for him

Also good to see payne did well hope he makes final cut

Hopefully suns play well these next few gms for good momentum boost next season

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with the Suns performance. Some morning reflection:

Cam Johnson's bigger appearance was a nice surprise. He beefed up considerably and kept his quickness. He doesn't look like the rookie that started last season.

Cam Payne has a real shot at making the Suns roster. Although it's only one scrimmage the backup point guard position is wide open.

Jevon Carter didn't hurt his cause at all. He plays defense and knows how to put the ball in the basket.

Saric played well after my early comment about him looking slow got him going. If it takes tough love I need to provide it. LOL

Bridges looked quick and didn't settle for outside jumpers. His shot was reminiscent of his play at Villanova.

Only good things to say about Ayton and Booker.

Ty Jerome, after a tentative start, played well the rest of the game. He is still trying to adjust to the speed of the NBA game. It's been a difficult adjustment because of average athleticism.
This season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of nice video clips from Dario Saric from yesterday.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media