Suns @ Hornets Wednesday game thread 3-1-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's face it. Aside from a moment here or there? Payne hasn't been the same since before the playoffs LAST season.

Last season's point guard situation feels a lot like going into the playoffs this season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you need to give someone thats been out awhile, and playing with all new players. Some time UNREAL

Cam Payne had his woes last season as well.

As I'm sure you recall, the Suns brought in Aaron Holiday last season to bolster the point guard situation, except Monty was reluctant to play him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There are few things in life that are guaranteed. Cam Payne, if healthy, will continue to be the backup point guard is one of them.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam Payne had his woes last season as well.

As I'm sure you recall, the Suns brought in Aaron Holiday last season to bolster the point guard situation, except Monty was reluctant to play him.

Holiday was brought in for depth. Paul had a hand injury late last season and that left Payne as the only real PG on the roster. Holiday handled the backup role well for a castoff but he wasn't a true PG. He was much of a short SG who played PG due to lack of size.

If Aaron committed more to being a distributor he'd had a much better career, like his brother Jrue did to take the next step from chucker of sorts in Philadelphia early on to becoming a true PG in New Orleans years later.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Payne also took everyone by surprise as did the entire suns team during our finals year.

Game plan is out on him. He’s no longer able to sneak by and do his underhand layup. Sag a bit and let him shoot or maybe him go around you.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm just glad Monty Williams is making these decisions, can't wait for the game tonight, getting everything done I need to get done before 5pm - might even have a couple few dirty martinis with the garlic stuffed olives lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave