Suns @ Hornets Wednesday game thread 3-1-2023

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Poor Hornets, No Ball, PJ Washington, Bridges, Cody Martin and the center they just traded to Clips. Hope they have a good draft pick and resign Bridges.
Rozier, Hayward and Oubre Jr should not be carrying a NBA team. Good role players.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
People really don't like Booker outside of Phoenix from what I've seen. Maybe its social media but they called him out for empty stats before we were good and now they hate his jawing with virtually everyone. Dating a Kardashian didn't help either.

Suns fans love him but few do outside of the Suns bubble. He's a young star though so his legacy is being written but he's not a fan favorite nationally.
The talking heads on ESPN/TNT like him... I didnt like Kobe in his prime either... so theres that. FYI i think Kobe was a stud now looking back on it

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Guys - chill with the hand wringing. We more than covered the spread on the road integrating a superstar. We’re good
Watching KD go on a minni run @ the start of the 4th with just him and scrubs before DB, CP and DA came back in was nice. Its sad but i am almost ready for Shamet to come back, Payne is awful. He is a black hole and just a chucker when he is in. Need to have Ross and Warren on the floor with the 2nd unit taking ALL OF THE SHOTS. I am alos ready to see some more of Biyombo, Landale has been soft lately and lookied like he was nailed to the floor last night

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know some fans were speculating this would become Durant’s team but I watched the opposite tonight. It appears Durant is going to defer to Book and pick his spots.

It’s going to be interesting to see if that holds up. I fully expect Durant to takeover when needed though.

Durant isn’t a bus driver he’s perfectly content with Booker taking the lead

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Payne is still getting back into the flow of the game after injury but he only has 2 assists in the last three games.

The Suns could use someone more steady to run the team, especially when Paul is off, but it's probably going to have to be done by committee.
Payne has been terrible since his return. Poor shooting, doesn’t look quick and awful decision making.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Watching KD go on a minni run @ the start of the 4th with just him and scrubs before DB, CP and DA came back in was nice. Its sad but i am almost ready for Shamet to come back, Payne is awful. He is a black hole and just a chucker when he is in. Need to have Ross and Warren on the floor with the 2nd unit taking ALL OF THE SHOTS. I am alos ready to see some more of Biyombo, Landale has been soft lately and lookied like he was nailed to the floor last night
Been saying it for awhile now, landale stinks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Fun to see how automatic KD is with the midrange. Good to see book get untracked. Okogie definitely looked like he didn’t know his role.

PHI PHX PHAN

Rookie
Reaction score
I know some fans were speculating this would become Durant’s team but I watched the opposite tonight. It appears Durant is going to defer to Book and pick his spots.

It’s going to be interesting to see if that holds up. I fully expect Durant to takeover when needed though.
I see the same thing playing out. He's going to be a complimentary superstar who helps Booker ascend to that level and elevate the team as a whole. It works perfectly because he doesn't have to be the leader as in the epitome of the word. He can defer in a lot of areas and simply provide the additional elite level talent.
He can be effective in that role for years

PHI PHX PHAN

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm really interested to see a 2nd unit of Payne, Ross, Craig, Warren, Biz. Shamet will get mixed in as well but I like Ross to have the better impact. Either way I think we have formidable complimentary pieces to hold it down when we're not staggering the main stars as often in the playoffs. I like okogie as the 5th starter because of his defensive presence with that unit.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm really interested to see a 2nd unit of Payne, Ross, Craig, Warren, Biz. Shamet will get mixed in as well but I like Ross to have the better impact. Either way I think we have formidable complimentary pieces to hold it down when we're not staggering the main stars as often in the playoffs. I like okogie as the 5th starter because of his defensive presence with that unit.
I think that unit would be heavy negative +/-.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People really don't like Booker outside of Phoenix from what I've seen. Maybe its social media but they called him out for empty stats before we were good and now they hate his jawing with virtually everyone. Dating a Kardashian didn't help either.

Suns fans love him but few do outside of the Suns bubble. He's a young star though so his legacy is being written but he's not a fan favorite nationally.
I think he is talking about other players and execs. Jealous posters on other message boards count for little. They ALL would love to have him on their team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

First night for KD in a Suns uni. Don't think that tells us everything. Although that scenario is not unreasonable

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payne has been terrible since his return. Poor shooting, doesn’t look quick and awful decision making.

Agree. This is why I've always wanted another point guard capable of running the team beyond Paul and Payne.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree. This is why I've always wanted another point guard capable of running the team beyond Paul and Payne.
Let's face it. Aside from a moment here or there? Payne hasn't been the same since before the playoffs LAST season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
without any doubt whatsoever. He can just get himself and others better shots than anyone else on the team.
the luxury is that we have both Durant and Booker who are quite capable in that situation. No opposing team can focus on just one.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Nobody on Damion Lee here? Guy had a terrible February, and can't guard anyone. Unless he starts hitting 3's, he'll find himself out of the rotation.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the luxury is that we have both Durant and Booker who are quite capable in that situation. No opposing team can focus on just one.
Booker really isn’t close to the same level as KD there. Which is NOT a slam against Booker. It’s really incredible praise of KD and his unicorn size, athleticism, natural handles/passing ability that makes him one of the top 15 players of all time.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nobody on Damion Lee here? Guy had a terrible February, and can't guard anyone. Unless he starts hitting 3's, he'll find himself out of the rotation.
I’m actually hoping Shamet gets back which is scary. I don’t want Payne or Lee getting significant time in the playoffs.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yesterday, it seemed the strategy was to stagger Book/Durant, with one or the other almost always on the court - it'll be interesting to see if that holds.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’ve been on him all season. I also said Shamet and Ross over him any day. Once Lee enter the game our team defense goes to crap and we ended losing the some of the lead we just built when he comes in.

And I get tired of theatrics. Last night he acted like he got hit in the face and took two plays off standing there with face in palms.