- Feb 4, 2005
- Reaction score
- Tempe, AZ
What was the time span between the Vogel and Young hirings?
We know they hired Vogel first but who did they tell first? Book or Young?
1) Hired Vogel, told him to pick his staff (like normal)
2) Young hears of the hiring, he knows he's assed out
3) Book hears of the hiring, talks to JJ and says something like "I thought we were going with Young"
4) Book is told Ishbia wanted defense and championship experience instead
5) Book doubles down and says something like "but me and KD wanted Young"
6) JJ proposes to Ishbia they keep Young around, but mentions it will be harder to do
7) I think JJ calls Young and I think Ishbia calls Vogel (or their agents)
8) I think both Young and Vogel had hesitations - so some type of meeting of the minds took place - on the fly
9) An agreement was reached, not sure what (if anything) extra they gave Vogel but they gave Young a lot of freakin money
10) They all agreed (JJ, Ishbia, Booker, KD, Vogel, Young) to get rid of Ayton asap
I think your GUESSES are a little out there but you've remarked a few times now about Book wanting Young as HC. Is that based on anything substantive or just a guess? I know they had a good relationship but so did Monty and Booker so I wouldn't read much into it. Just curious where that's coming from.