Suns @ Hawks Wednesday game thread 5-5-2021

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, May 4, 2021.

1. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come ugh

2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

After two close games against the Thunder and Cavaliers the Suns were looking for a place to crash and they found it in Atlanta.

3. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

Well **** hit for self pitty crappy loss and fingers crossed on knicks

Ronin likes this.
  4. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

yeah, they brought this loss on themselves after having to overextend on two truly pathetic teams they should have crushed.

Mainstreet and mjb21aztd like this.
  5. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Registered

I would put this team on par with the late 90's teams with Kidd. Probably most comparable to the year we got McDyess. That team had a ton of potential but it had holes that needed to be filled also. Unfortunately those holes got bigger rather than smaller so it fell apart. I don't want to see that happen here and don't think it will.

Its nowhere near the Nash playoff teams though. Everyone around Book and Paul are too inconsistent. If Bridges and Cam could be counted on to put up 30 a night between them while Ayton played at least 75% of games with energy then it might be even but that doesn't happen regularly.

82CardsGrad, Bufalay and elindholm like this.
  6. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

oh, they don’t compare to the 1989-1995 teams or the Nash 2004-2010 teams. But after wandering in the desert for a decade, they’re so refreshing that I can’t help but love them.

that said, I’ve never been “crushed” by a single loss this season. That might just be because of lower expectations, but I think part of it is I know we’re kinda playing with hoise money this year. I don’t expect this team to win a title. I expected multiple versions of the other Suns teams to win a title and would live and die by games a lot more.

or I just grew up and stopped taking sports so seriously.

elindholm likes this.
  7. Bufalay

Bufalay Registered User

I think this team is closer to the Kidd era teams which is better than the Dragan Bender era.

This team could get lucky and make it deep in the playoffs like the 2010 team, which probably wasn't one of the franchise's best teams either. That was a deep team that got hot at the end of the season.

8. Raindog

Raindog Registered

Honestly, these kind of buttkicking losses aren't the worst thing for a young upstart team having the kind of general success the Suns have had this year. It's a reality check for their egos and hopefully helps to stave off any overconfidence going into the playoffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  9. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

Only go to get tougher. As I mentioned on another thread they have 6 games to play in less than 2 weeks so they will be going into the playoffs after a rough stretch against 6 teams all playing for playoff positioning so they aren't going to be any gimme games.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  10. 95pro

95pro Registered

Jebus you can’t breathe on Trae. There were a lot of bad calls against us. Refs deflated our intensity.

what’s with the rotations and substitution patterns again? It’s like Monty time traveled back to the beginning of the season.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  11. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I think they are a different type of “good.” They’re scrappiest defenders and they play their roles well. On a player by player basis it’s probably not as good as those teams. But as a sum of parts they may be. You don’t luck into being 1 game out of the best record in the nba. There’s too many other good teams.

mjb21aztd likes this.
  12. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Luckily they get a bit of breather while the play-in games happen.

13. Ouchie-Z-Clown

We lost this game during the two prior games. This is too good of a hawks team to come in tired and we let two subpar teams tax our vets.

our bench was putrid tonight. And cam Johnson is just completely MIA. You can see it when he shoots. He’s aiming and not shooting. Teams are just going to leave him unguarded eventually at this rate.

craig is really best suited to an energy guy off the bench. Too many minutes exposes his warts.

as some predicted, capella made Ayton his b$#&h.

weird that saric didn’t play earlier, but truth is, he and frank will struggle against the big athletes the hawks roll out there.

bummer to be a game behind jazz. But let this one go and hopefully rebound against the knicks.

mjb21aztd and Mainstreet like this.
  14. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

How can you even begin to think about that without a single playoff game on their resume? Of course you can’t say they are amongst the best teams.

They are a good regular season team this year, which is about on par for a team that up until 5 years ago was one of the winningest teams in NBA history without a title.

15. Carolinacacti

Carolinacacti Registered

They really need to put Cam J. down for a few games to fix his head. Hard with Crowder out but play Stix, hell with the number one slot.