Suns @ Hawks Tuesday game thread 1-14-20

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Jan 13, 2020 at 4:34 PM.

1. Ronin

Ronin Registered

I think the Suns 5-2 start raised expectations.

2. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

It's also going to take a GM who actually realizes that power forwards are necessary in the NBA, as are players who can do more than just shoot.

3. 95pro

95pro Registered

Tyler was complete trash, and here imo he's our next best and most experienced guard to fill Rubio's shoes. Yet he can't even be a backup to the backup, in Okobo. We seriously need a pg off the bench. Lonzo or Fultz would have been a good gamble. Would have been nice to sign Derrick Rose too. We are missing TJ Warren tbh, too bad it didn't work our for him and the suns. I think right now we can only hope to get an athletic forward finish out the season via trade. Tyler, Okobo, Carter and Jerome are garbage.

Monty is also to blame. Ayton and Bridges should sub in the game together, instead Saric stayed in too long while providing nothing. Also the lack of double teaming, Ayton is long but that doesn't bother Young when he's on fire, needed to disrupt him sooner than later.

Booker was annoying in that he was complaining all night to the refs, maybe that led to our crappy calls all night and his eventual ejection. I wish Monty would show a little fire and let him handle the refs. Also why do we use a challenge early in the games only to lose them, i mean the player should know if it truly was a violation or not.

Ayton had more dumb decisions on help defense again, no show in the 4th. The team just showed any sense of urgency in the game until it was on the line, then they started hustling and going for the ball. This team isn't prepared to do what it takes to win all four quarters.

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  4. mjb21aztd

mjb21aztd Registered User

My god what an embarrassing loss... im just shocked....

Trey young smoked suns also seemed like any open 3 a hawks player got went in....

Just not sure what to this think of the future for this team.... rubio is a aging pg baynes is old

I still have hope suns can have a decent season in near future with Booker and ayton but a lot n
    Of work needs to be done

Obure kilked suns last night ugh

GatorAZ and Ronin like this.
  5. Ronin

Ronin Registered

Maybe Kelly should not have stayed in the game after the blow to the head in the first quarter.

Mainstreet and mjb21aztd like this.
  6. 95pro

95pro Registered

It did something for sure, even his very close shots such as dunks and layups were off.

Ronin likes this.
  7. Proximo

Proximo Registered

No it isn't if you look at historical stats - last year was actually a bad year for him, this year he has completely dropped off the cliff.

8. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I haven't seen enough of Jerome play to reach that conclusion. What I do know, he was a solid shooter and distributor in college. Nothing I have seen of Jerome over 11 games with limited minutes has changed my mind. He has at least a 2:1 assist turnover ratio. He should minimally be a solid shooter in the NBA.

Note this is coming from someone who was highly critical of Kendall Marshall and Tyler Ennis for their lack of athleticism. At least Jerome can shoot and IMO a better distributor. There is no denying that Jerome is not athletic.

If Jerome plays terrible after being given a fair chance I will gladly admit he is "awful."

9. Mainstreet

I was thinking about this earlier this morning as well. For all the criticism Kaminsky received from fans, the team could certainly use him, especially his ability to stretch the court.

10. Mainstreet

John Hollinger‏Verified account @johnhollinger

that's a bad L for Phoenix .. but Hawks also a lot tougher with a secondary threat on the court. Kevin Huerter went 23-15-8 and Hawks didn't have to run every single action thru Trae, as opposed to Suns who were all Booker all the time because they had no other dribble threat.

6:56 PM - 14 Jan 2020

11. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Yes, our lack of scoring is a huge problem right now.

A flame thrower off the bench would make a huge difference - a guy like Terrance Ross

Mainstreet likes this.
  12. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

What has happened to Baynes? Dude was bully in the middle and now he isn't the same player that he was out of the gate. In addition, when Ayton wasn't on the floor things were really bad in the paint. This team is razor thing despite the roster turnover. With Rubio out, and KO having a horrible game, Booker had no help. This team is missing Kaminsky. Freaking Kaminsky!

Simply embarrassing loss. Trae Young was en fuego!

13. Ronin

Ronin Registered

IMO teams are attacking Baynes and making him move his feet. Baynes couldn't keep anybody in front of him last night.:(

14. Bufalay

Bufalay Registered User

Or TJ Warren

15. 95pro

95pro Registered

I commented earlier on how Kaminsky was being missed, he was one of the top guys on the team in points made, 3pts or something like that...3 major categories.

Also this.