Suns have discussed Warren, Jackson, #6 pick in trade packages

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds like Gambo could be peddling propaganda for the Suns FO again. Not the first time.

How does saying Warren is not worth his cap space propaganda for the Suns? That does not help them at all.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Fine. You all win. The Suns are the worst. There is no way in hell that we are ever going to get a championship. We can't even trade right. Got it.

I don't think anyone is necessarily saying that... although the fact is the Suns have just about BEEN the worst over the last ten years or so.

I think we are still just skeptical that the near future is going to be any better until there are real signs that the pervasive ineptitude is really a thing of the past.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Salary dumping Warren for cap space... and then whiffing on any decent FAs... and end up watching Oubre walk, too.

That sounds like about par for a Suns offseason. So they better have all those ducks lined up before they start throwing away the few legitimate NBA guys on their roster for nothing.

I would bet my house that they have no ducks lined up. We can only hope that they luck out and land a decent free agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe people actually think Suns could trade Warren for Sabonis. This is hilarious.

Was it this year or last that Sabonis was one of the front runners for Sixth man of the year? I knew it seemed far fetched that Warren would be able to get him but it seems like there are 2 parties here, those who think Warren can be dealt for zero in return, or close to that, like the Brunson trade would net, or those who think Sabonis is a realistic return for TJ.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I can't believe people actually think Suns could trade Warren for Sabonis. This is hilarious.

I agree it's unlikely... the Suns are neither that smart, nor the Pacers (probably) that foolish. I guess we could wish for the latter.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Was it this year or last that Sabonis was one of the front runners for Sixth man of the year? I knew it seemed far fetched that Warren would be able to get him but it seems like there are 2 parties here, those who think Warren can be dealt for zero in return, or close to that, like the Brunson trade would net, or those who think Sabonis is a realistic return for TJ.

Yeah, the Pacers are letting Young go so that Sabonis can start. I would trade anyone not named Booker, Ayton, or Bridges for Sabonis, along with any pick Indiana desires. He is just a solid all-around player... exactly what the Suns need.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
He isn't. He is at the arena right now with the Suns organization. You can take his reports as gospel right now
He’s been in the arena before and was still totally out of touch.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would bet my house that they have no ducks lined up. We can only hope that they luck out and land a decent free agent.

All I can say is Gambo is very sure we will be talking about a vet PG before free agency starts. Kind of makes it sound like they have an idea, or at least a list of names.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Until proven different I'm willing to give Jones the benefit of the doubt. Anyone that can turn Ariza into Oubre and Ryan Anderson into Tyler Johnson gets my attention.

Agreed. Both trades were easily wins for the Suns, especially the corpse of Trevor Ariza for a good young wing. If you are ever looking to hoodwink a team, the Wizards have been the best mark over the past five years.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love everyone's passion over who to trade and who should be kept. Reality is the Suns have had 40 wins in 164 games.

They need MASSIVE changes. So if its 2+ the pick for a point guard, so what. Make a move, it can't get any worse. And a rookie point guard isn't going to work .

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I love everyone's passion over who to trade and who should be kept. Reality is the Suns have had 40 wins in 164 games.

They need MASSIVE changes. So if its 2+ the pick for a point guard, so what. Make a move, it can't get any worse. And a rookie point guard isn't going to work .
It could be argued we went through massive changes when you see the list of former Suns littered throughout the NBA! ;)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If they trade Warren they have to draft Hunter so they can still put the 4 and 5 wing lineups on the floor.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dillon Brooks was still a nice target but not as nice as the consolidation prize... Oubre.

If it weren't for his injury issues I think he's better than a consolation prize, matter of fact I think he's the better player. The guy consistently made huge plays in big moments but he had trouble staying healthy even before he was drafted. Healthy, he'd have become our second best player unless or until Ayton catches up with his potential.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
$arver up to the same old sh**. Suns just traded Warren and #32 to the Pacers for...cash.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave