Suns have discussed Warren, Jackson, #6 pick in trade packages

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, would anyone trade Warren and #6 for Sabonis and #18 with Indiana?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay, would anyone trade Warren and #6 for Sabonis and #18 with Indiana?
No. Pacers are starving for scoring. And were rumored to be shopping sabonis. So it’s not like they’re in a substantially better position than the suns. We shouldn’t be sweetening the pot - they should be. A DEFINITELY not to the tune of dropping down 12 slots in the draft!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, I value the cap space more than sabonis.
But what if the cap space just remains . . . space. Not like the suns have successfully signed free agents, and when they have (chandler and ariza) dine a good job of identifying the right player/fit/century.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Pacers are starving for scoring. And were rumored to be shopping sabonis. So it’s not like they’re in a substantially better position than the suns. We shouldn’t be sweetening the pot - they should be. A DEFINITELY not to the tune of dropping down 12 slots in the draft!!!

The interesting thing is Sabonis is only under contract for $3,529,554 this coming season but he will become a RFA the following season. Maybe Indiana doesn't want to pay him but the same problem would face the Suns. He would solve the Suns problems at power forward and backup center though.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
But what if the cap space just remains . . . space. Not like the suns have successfully signed free agents, and when they have (chandler and ariza) dine a good job of identifying the right player/fit/century.

Yeah, I am highly skeptical Suns can or will do anything smart with any much ballyhooed "cap space."

Raindog

Reaction score
Warren for Sabonis, and maybe extras coming from both sides, would be just about the best outcome for these Warren rumors.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am highly skeptical Suns can or will do anything smart with any much ballyhooed "cap space."

Until proven different I'm willing to give Jones the benefit of the doubt. Anyone that can turn Ariza into Oubre and Ryan Anderson into Tyler Johnson gets my attention.

Raindog

Reaction score
I still view the Oubre acquisition as a happy accident. I haven't forgotten they originally wanted someone else - one of those two Brooks guys. To this day, I'm still not sure the Suns were even clear on which one.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah this is a guy who averages 18pts/game, substantially improved his 3 pt shot so not only wasn’t it a detriment, but a strength - and did so with big increase in volume. And he’s on a reasonable contract for a few years. And more than one team apparently wants him. You do NOT just give him away unless you are 100% certain what you are going to do (not what you’re hoping to do) with the cap savings.

He's also injury prone, a bad defender, and a ball stopper. I like Warren but he does have a good amount of warts. If he sat out because he was unhappy here then the Suns need to move him. They can't afford to keep a cancerous player here amongst the team they're building. If they can add a PG like Brunson and free up cap space then that might be selling a little low but his value isn't all that high because he hasn't played since January.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still view the Oubre acquisition as a happy accident. I haven't forgotten they originally wanted someone else - one of those two Brooks guys. To this day, I'm still not sure the Suns were even clear on which one.

Dillon Brooks was still a nice target but not as nice as the consolidation prize... Oubre.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo is on the radio saying Warren isn't worth the cap space he is being paid and we will have to add assets to ditch him

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So there is zero chance you are getting a good young player like Sabonis for Warren

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This same old nonsense again. Washington was never going to give us Oubre for all that we were offering, so we had to engage a 3rd team--and in fact, it's almost 100% certain that Washington was the team that engaged the Grizzlies. Why is it so hard to believe that in this instance, we did indeed ask for Dylan, but for some reason either hte Grizz themselves or the Wizards leaked to the media that it was Marshonn. I know there is a tendency to hate the team and think nefariously about ANY move they make, but there is nothing in James Jones' history that would suggest such a thing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Gambo is on the radio saying Warren isn't worth the cap space he is being paid and we will have to add assets to ditch him
That’s spin so everyone isn’t disappointed when we fail to get value. At least the organization is trying to prep the fans for an epic let down of an offseason. Nice of them.

Raindog

Reaction score

Sounds like Gambo could be peddling propaganda for the Suns FO again. Not the first time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This same old nonsense again. Washington was never going to give us Oubre for all that we were offering, so we had to engage a 3rd team--and in fact, it's almost 100% certain that Washington was the team that engaged the Grizzlies. Why is it so hard to believe that in this instance, we did indeed ask for Dylan, but for some reason either hte Grizz themselves or the Wizards leaked to the media that it was Marshonn. I know there is a tendency to hate the team and think nefariously about ANY move they make, but there is nothing in James Jones' history that would suggest such a thing.
Nothing in his history prior to that to suggest he wasn’t part of the bungling either. And he was the most junior part of the equation.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nothing in his history prior to that to suggest he wasn’t part of the bungling either. And he was the most junior part of the equation.
Fine. You all win. The Suns are the worst. There is no way in hell that we are ever going to get a championship. We can't even trade right. Got it.