Suns have discussed Warren, Jackson, #6 pick in trade packages

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to mention the nova connection with bridges. I’m a nova guy and Brunson reminds me of Lowry. He’s a Pitbull more of a drive guy and make something happen in the lane then start chucking 3s. I liked him a lot as a PG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot about the Bridges connection but I think that actually works in favor of a deal. I would be really happy with that trade for a few reasons, I like Brunson, I think he'd be a good fit as a starter or backup, and he'd also free up some cap space for us.

We might include Okobo or Melton in that deal also, I could see Dallas having some interest in Melton because they don't need him to do more than defend with Luka there as their PG of sorts. That would free up more space because it would be a straight salary swap of Melton or Okobo for Brunson and then they take TJ's deal as well.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Is this just some random speculation? I have nothing against getting Brunson, but in what universe would be sending Warren AND Okobo/Melton for just Brunson? Something else significant better be coming back with Brunson.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Is this just some random speculation? I have nothing against getting Brunson, but in what universe would be sending Warren AND Okobo/Melton for just Brunson? Something else significant better be coming back with Brunson.
Maybe their 2nd round pick but this would be a salary dump move that gets a PG in return that is a better prospect then okobo or Melton

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cringe.... #37.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah, $10 million in cap space. The cap space would be viewed as a win there because they don't need to stretch Tyler Johnson then. They'd have a little over $20 million in space to sign free agents and they'd add a competent PG to start while our pick learns the ropes more or to play backup in Brunson. Then we'd have plenty of room to make a good offer to Randle and resign Oubre.

White/Brunson
Booker/Bridges/Tyler Johnson
Oubre/Jackson
Randle/2nd Round Pick
Ayton/Dedmon

Of course Oubre could play some PF, Bridges can play some SF, Jackson can play SG, Johnson can play some PG, Ayton can also play some PF. There's a lot to like there and we would have cap space for next summer when Johnson expires also.

Raindog

Reaction score
Salary dumping Warren for cap space... and then whiffing on any decent FAs... and end up watching Oubre walk, too.

That sounds like about par for a Suns offseason. So they better have all those ducks lined up before they start throwing away the few legitimate NBA guys on their roster for nothing.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Salary dumping Warren for cap space... and then whiffing on any decent FAs... and end up watching Oubre walk, too.

That sounds like about par for a Suns offseason. So they better have all those ducks lined up before they start throwing away the few legitimate NBA guys on their roster for nothing.
Warren doesn't want to be there and doesn't fit the team, the cap space alone is more valuable to the sun's then he is now, you don't just keep guys like that just because you are unsure if you can sign someone. You 100% won't sign someone without cap space

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The speculation is Warren doesn't want to be here and replace him with someone that does with the salary space.

I think the Suns keep Oubre.

Raindog

Reaction score
Regardless if he wants to be here or not doesn't mean you have to gift him to someone else to your own detriment.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This is my guess.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Regardless if he wants to be here or not doesn't mean you have to gift him to someone else to your own detriment.
If it's just for that pick then I agree it's a little low although im not exactly sure what his trade value is at the moment, but if they get brunson too then it is not that bad of a trade

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Oubre is going to cost more than any of us would want the Suns to spend unfortunately.

It may well be but I view him as a third piece alongside Booker and Ayton. And Oubre is only the Suns 23 and figures to get much better.

I don't think the Suns are going to find anyone better in free agency.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More on Warren rumors. I'd like to get a first round pick in return.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Dallas has a pretty sizable trade exception too. I am not sure how that works, though.

The team that can absorb Warren's salary probably gets the edge unless the Suns can get something they want in return. I'd like to get Sabonis from Indiana.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
More on Warren rumors. I'd like to get a first round pick in return.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yeah this is a guy who averages 18pts/game, substantially improved his 3 pt shot so not only wasn’t it a detriment, but a strength - and did so with big increase in volume. And he’s on a reasonable contract for a few years. And more than one team apparently wants him. You do NOT just give him away unless you are 100% certain what you are going to do (not what you’re hoping to do) with the cap savings.