Suns have discussed Warren, Jackson, #6 pick in trade packages

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
As much as I like Booker, he's a bargain right now on his 150 million contract. You start doing contracts for him like Chris Paul and John Wall, my god! How do you make a team? Those contracts are crazy! Either that or the NBA needs to get real about raising team salary totals.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I like Booker, he's a bargain right now on his 150 million contract. You start doing contracts for him like Chris Paul and John Wall, my god! How do you make a team? Those contracts are crazy! Either that or the NBA needs to get real about raising team salary totals.

They can't, and they won't. It's based on a formula that has been collectively bargained.

The supermax is a real problem. You can survive having a player on that kind of deal but IMO you need to have a championship level roster already before you hand out that kind of a contract. Sure, it gets worse if your highly paid superstar gets injured like Wall but it's a problem even if the guy stays healthy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evan Sidery on Woj.

Reportedly warren and Jackson are to be traded between now and the end of the draft.

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

According to @wojespn, who just said it a few minutes ago on ESPN, the Suns have made T.J. Warren and Josh Jackson available in trade talks. Have spoken to multiple teams, and expectation is both are traded between now and the end of the draft on Thursday.

5:25 PM - 18 Jun 2019

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Evan Sidery on Woj.

Evan Sidery‏ @esidery

According to @wojespn, who just said it a few minutes ago on ESPN, the Suns have made T.J. Warren and Josh Jackson available in trade talks. Have spoken to multiple teams, and expectation is both are traded between now and the end of the draft on Thursday.

5:25 PM - 18 Jun 2019

Sounds like D’Lo or Brogdan to me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like D’Lo or Brogdan to me.

I have heard so many different things I'm afraid to speculate. Word is the Suns will not pay Russell the max.

Maybe Brogdon?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sounds like they’re trying to free up cap space (if the report is true). I don’t they’re getting a piece back unless it’s something like Aaron Gordon.
Evan Sidery is saying it may just be second round picks.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just talked to two different people who think it is Russell. I bring up what Gambo says, and they think he's full of it. They say the Suns wouldn't dump two guys like this unless they knew who they were getting already. They think it's Russell.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just talked to two different people who think it is Russell. I bring up what Gambo says, and they think he's full of it. They say the Suns wouldn't dump two guys like this unless they knew who they were getting already. They think it's Russell.

Are these two people you spoke to in a position to have knowledge of this or are they just schmucks like us speculating?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Warren for Jalen Brunson would free up almost $10 million in cap space.

Brunson averaged 9.3 ppg with 3.2 apg and 1.2 turnovers while shooting 47% from the field and 34.8% from 3pt range. He did become their starter after the Porzingis deal that moved Dennis Smith out of there. He upped to 13.3 ppg, 4.5 apg, 3.2 rpg, with 1.8 turnovers in 28.8 minutes a game. He also upped his FG% some to 50% and his 3pt shooting went up a little to 35.2%.

I think he has a lot more potential than Okobo and Melton. I wanted the Suns to take him with their 2nd round pick last year but they went for Okobo instead.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Brunson averaged 9.3 ppg with 3.2 apg and 1.2 turnovers while shooting 47% from the field and 34.8% from 3pt range. He did become their starter after the Porzingis deal that moved Dennis Smith out of there. He upped to 13.3 ppg, 4.5 apg, 3.2 rpg, with 1.8 turnovers in 28.8 minutes a game. He also upped his FG% some to 50% and his 3pt shooting went up a little to 35.2%.

I think he has a lot more potential than Okobo and Melton. I wanted the Suns to take him with their 2nd round pick last year but they went for Okobo instead.

Yeah, I think there's a good chance that we'll make a deal such as this one with Dallas. It seems like a nice win for both teams. A happy TJ is a pretty good player.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

Not to mention the nova connection with bridges. I’m a nova guy and Brunson reminds me of Lowry. He’s a Pitbull more of a drive guy and make something happen in the lane then start chucking 3s. I liked him a lot as a PG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

Ya I really thought they were going to draft him when their pick came but they went with okobo instead

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This would probably give the Suns two points guards as well if the Suns draft one per Gambo's earlier remarks about having two.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the above proposed trade for Brunson, the Suns would probably send Okobo or Melton back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave