Suns have discussed Warren, Jackson, #6 pick in trade packages

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, that is about what I expected.

People still think Gambo is full of crap?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it weren't for his injury issues I think he's better than a consolation prize, matter of fact I think he's the better player. The guy consistently made huge plays in big moments but he had trouble staying healthy even before he was drafted. Healthy, he'd have become our second best player unless or until Ayton catches up with his potential.

I don't know. I'm really high on Oubre. I thought the Suns got the better player out of the Wizards trade.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Bleep!

But yeah, same as it ever was...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
OMG

Warren and the 32 for nothing!!!!

They suck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How much do you want to bet that the Suns don't sign a single player worth a darn with that cap space?...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This same old nonsense again. Washington was never going to give us Oubre for all that we were offering, so we had to engage a 3rd team--and in fact, it's almost 100% certain that Washington was the team that engaged the Grizzlies. Why is it so hard to believe that in this instance, we did indeed ask for Dylan, but for some reason either hte Grizz themselves or the Wizards leaked to the media that it was Marshonn. I know there is a tendency to hate the team and think nefariously about ANY move they make, but there is nothing in James Jones' history that would suggest such a thing.

Not only that, Washington confirmed that the trade was for Dillon Brooks and angrily insisted that there was no confusion between Memphis and the others involved. Also, we had asked for and received medical reports on Dillon Brooks so yeah, I think it's clear that for some reason Memphis changed their minds and then figured they could lie to save face, probably realizing they could easily take advantage of our front office upheaval and Sarver's reputation.

But what's missed in all this "we got lucky" is that we also missed out on a great role player (at minimum) had he been able to stay healthy.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
How much do you want to bet that the Suns don't sign a single player worth a darn with that cap space?...

I would just about 100% guarantee it.

They will claim they are "pursuing" someone like Kemba, Randle, Mirotic, etc...

And then those guys will sign somewhere else, and we'll sign some bargain bin garbage like Cory Joseph and Ed Davis or Dwyane Dedmon, and the Suns will act like it was a real coup.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Trading TJ for cash is fine if the cap space is used to sign someone we need.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
They better do something big with that CASH or fans should head to the arena with torches and pitchforks.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
They better do something big with that CASH or fans should head to the arena with torches and pitchforks.

yep..... Whats the status of Kyrie? Seems like he was tied to Durant. I wonder if Durant's injury opens up a shot at Kyrie.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My next prediction is the Bobcats trade the #11 and their trade exception of 7.8 million for the #6 and JJ

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
yep..... Whats the status of Kyrie? Seems like he was tied to Durant. I wonder if Durant's injury opens up a shot at Kyrie.

I'm not jumpin on that pipe dream. I'm not hopeful the Suns could find their aas with a road map.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Trading TJ for cash is fine if the cap space is used to sign someone we need.

What player worth signing who is willing to come here would sign for $10-20 million and not for the MLE? If the player we sign is an MLE player, the trade was unnecessary. If the player we are seeking wants more than $20 million per season and/or doesn't want to come here, then the trade was futile. Either way, the trade netted us nothing other than losing two assets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson