Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns trade #6 to the Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr. There are a lot worse options.

I'm not sure that Dennis Smith nets you a 1st rounder. He has shown zero improvement in his 1st 3 NBA-seasons.

Trading #6 for him would be in the competition for one of the worst trades ever in Suns history.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is a good idea. He really did not do well for the knicks.

Trying to make sense of all the stuff media is putting out there. Like I said earlier, I haven't followed him much.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure that Dennis Smith nets you a 1st rounder. He has shown zero improvement in his 1st 3 NBA-seasons.

Trading #6 for him would be in the competition for one of the worst trades ever in Suns history.

That's saying something in a supposed weak draft.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Gotta love the genius of the Suns.

Sit TJ Warren for the last month of the season to lower his value as much as possible then put him on the block before the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta love the genius of the Suns.

Sit TJ Warren for the last month of the season to lower his value as much as possible then put him on the block before the draft.

The suns did not sit him - TJ refused to come back, even though he was healthy enough and was practicing on his own.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The suns did not sit him - TJ refused to come back, even though he was healthy enough and was practicing on his own.

Either way a player that could have netted a first rounder at the deadline is now being shopped for cap relief.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it was Cotton who said something similar to this:

better trade a player a season too early than a season too late.

Isn't that the truth.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As someone who doesn't follow the NBA as closely as many of you, I just want a good player regardless of position. Don't reach for a need! That's what I see a lot of people advocating. Who's to say that in actuality, that Coby White will really be better than Tyler Johnson or even Melton? If the Suns don't think so, I hope they pass.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone who doesn't follow the NBA as closely as many of you, I just want a good player regardless of position. Don't reach for a need! That's what I see a lot of people advocating. Who's to say that in actuality, that Coby White will really be better than Tyler Johnson or even Melton? If the Suns don't think so, I hope they pass.

I hear you but they passed on Fox and might have traded for Shai.

Do the Suns know the difference?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You are just making crap up. For a shooting guard he is a good passer, almost 4 assists a game. I do not understand why you hate him so much.

The more I watch him, the more he reminds me of Joe Johnson.

He also averaged almost 3 turnovers a game and was a high volume shooter. Again, there is a lot more to point guard function than just assists. Smart effective passing and shot selection are every bit as important, and Culver stunk at both.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I hear you but they passed on Fox and might have traded for Shai.

Do the Suns know the difference?

I wasn't a Josh Jackson fan during that draft if you pull out my comments on this forum. I wasn't a fan of his for one simple reason, he had no real discernable strengths offensively. Too much of the positives of drafting Jackson was his POTENTIAL. I don't want a guy with holes in his game in the lottery unless I'm an established team that can gamble on him.

Fox was a better player, a much more finished product and had real discernable offensive talents coming out.

I'm leaning Hunter right now, because I think Hunter can come in and play right away. Sign/trade for a PG and bring in some big man depth.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't a Josh Jackson fan during that draft if you pull out my comments on this forum. I wasn't a fan of his for one simple reason, he had no real discernable strengths offensively. Too much of the positives of drafting Jackson was his POTENTIAL. I don't want a guy with holes in his game in the lottery unless I'm an established team that can gamble on him.

Fox was a better player, a much more finished product and had real discernable offensive talents coming out.

I'm leaning Hunter right now, because I think Hunter can come in and play right away. Sign/trade for a PG and bring in some big man depth.

I can be happy with Hunter but I would be more happy with White.

It drives me crazy when the Suns ignored a need (point guard) in the past two draft when the talent was there.

I think it's there this time again if White is available.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Different Front Office.
We will find out tonight how the new regime does.

Jones was with the Suns during the last draft but of course he was not the GM. This will be a big summer that will help define his philosophy.

Reports are that Sarver traded for Bridges so maybe a lot doesn't change.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam Vecenie (The Athletic) currently has Garland, Hunter and Culver going 4-6 respectively with White going to Chicago.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose